Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Our 2008 32BL has four fixed (non-opening) windows in the rear. Two on the rear next to the large window and one each on the sidewalls. The one over the desk and the adjacent fixed window on the rear have been collecting water in the sills. The other two do not leaknor do any other windows or slides leak.

As a test I ran electrical around the outside edges making sure I covered the gap in the rubber gasket.

Next rain - - yep - - water in the sills. No evidence of leaking on the inside and the outside gasket materialdoesn't look that bad. no water stains on the walls etc.

I see weep holes at the bottom of each window but not sure they're functional. They are smaller than the normal opening windows. Should they be functional? If so, that doesn't tell me where the water is coming from. If it were occuring camping, I'd blame condensation but this is while stored.

Anyone see this before?

Where is it coming from? Thanks.

Jack
finder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We had the same problem on an older camper. I ended up starting down low spraying the window with a water hose until I found the leak. On ours we just needed to re-caulk. The window gasket looked good on ours and I had tried the tape thing too prior to finding the leak. You can test the weep holes when starting out low.

2012 Crossroads Cruiser 31QB

B&W Companion Hitch

martinstwopopfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks M:

I'll try that and we'll see what happens.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

As far as I know I did not have any leaks but I did put a little pressure on the fiberglass around the window and noticed the area needed to be sealed. As part of my inspections is the calking around all the windows. I also make sure all the seams are calked too as they are a place for leaks.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #5
Site Team

If you feel confident enough to do it, I recommend to remove the window completely, clean off all the tape gasket and replace the tape gasket with new. I've done that to a few windows on my old 5er and had very good success. After I replaced the tape gasket I caulked the outside of the window on the top and sides but not the bottom. I was told at the shop that this lets moisture drop out from around the edge.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the help. I'll probably pull the windows out if it persists.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #7
Site Team

If you haven't already done so, check and make sure your weep/drain holes are open so they can drain. I usually take a small drill bit and run it up thru them---(by hand)

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote