Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

ST22BH

Anyone have an issue with the DVD player not playing the audio through the TV?
"surround" speakers work fine but not the TV audio itself. Only with the DVD playing. Regular TV viewing audio works fine.
The TV is the HAIER model that they have so it drops down from the ceiling.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Turn your Jenson volume to 1 or higher and it will come thought the tv.

Not sure why but if you play DVDs with the Jenson volume on 0 it does not send sound to the tv.

Jpamacorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:23 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Our receiver unit did not work right from the factory. The tv worked. We had the whole unit (dvd/radio/cd player/etc) replaced on warrenty. We will be picking it up next week so we will find out if it is actually fixed. Would be nice to have music in the 5th wheel or watch a dvd on the large tv and not the small one.

2010 Seville 35CK

2011 Dodge 3500 D.D.MCAB

https://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/photo2-2.jpg
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Mine also has no audio through the speakers in the ceiling with the TV alone but does when playing a DVD.

2007 F250 super duty
Big smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

So here is what I found out tonight.
The DVD stereo combo has no audio output to go to a tv,,,,just an audio left and right aux. input. And the tv does not have aux. audio out, just in.
So on my trailer you cant listen to the TV audio through the speakers in the ceiling and you cant listen to the audio from a DVD through the TV, only through the speakers in the ceiling.
Go figure....not a great design feature.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Here is a link to some more detailed posts on this Jensen issue.

Edited by: Kagex

Kagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Hello all,

I have been working on this issue as I purchased a 2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 31BH which has a TV that swivels to the bedroom... The only problem is there is no audio out in the Jensen DVD therefore no sound through TV speakers and since no speakers in bedroom no sound at all when watching a DVD. Here is the information I received and I would recommend contacting this same person from crossroads that I have been to coordinate a prompt solution. AKA.. Replace out the current receiver with one that will properly function as designed..

On Jul 10, 2012, at 7:57 AM, "Chris Charles" <ccharles@crossroadsrv.com> wrote:

<blockquote ="cite">
<o:smarttag uri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="place"><o:smarttag uri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="Street"><o:smarttag uri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="PostalCode"><o:smarttag uri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="State"><o:smarttag uri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="City"><o:smarttag uri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="address"><o:smarttag uri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="Pers&#111;nName"><div ="Secti&#111;n1" style="page: Secti&#111;n1; "><st1:city w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Wayne</span></st1lace></st1:city>,</span></span>I have done some research on this and you are correct, I’m working with engineering on coming up with a solution however I do not have one as of now.. I will keep you posted on what I find in regards to a possible solution to this!</span></span>
Chris Charles</span></span>Service, Sales&amp; SupportCrossRoads RV</span>Email:ccharles@crossroadsrv.com</span>Phone: 260.593.2866 ext.431</span></span>Cell: 574.320.0935</span></span><st1:address w:st="&#111;n"><st1:street w:st="&#111;n">305 Hawpatch Drive</span></st1:street>,<st1:city w:st="&#111;n">Topeka</st1:city>,<st1:state w:st="&#111;n">IN</st1:state><st1ostalcode w:st="&#111;n">46571</st1ostalcode></span></st1:address></span>www.crossroadsrv.com</span></o:smarttag></o:smarttag></o:smarttag></o:smarttag></o:smarttag></o:smarttag></o:smarttag></blockquote></span>
awresch is offline   Reply With Quote