Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2022, 03:41 PM   #1
New Camper

Lower clearance lights stay on?

2012 Sunset Trail - lower led clearance lights keep staying on but only one at a time. Was left one now right one. No idea why or how to turn off. Anyone else had this issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8F18DC76-2C30-499E-AA8F-4FB7669CA11A.jpg (587.3 KB, 14 views)
2blessed2Bstressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I don't believe these are clearance lights. I have a 2014 Sunset Trail and these lights are activated by a switch located in the cargo compartment. Both should come on at the same time so there may be a loose wire there somewhere. I believe the lights are used to give some illumination when working around the front of the trailer at night. Never really had to use them but they look cool, eh!
Old 10-03-2022, 08:57 AM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakherder View Post
I don't believe these are clearance lights. I have a 2014 Sunset Trail and these lights are activated by a switch located in the cargo compartment. Both should come on at the same time so there may be a loose wire there somewhere. I believe the lights are used to give some illumination when working around the front of the trailer at night. Never really had to use them but they look cool, eh!
Where is your switch located? I have looked and only have one for interior cargo light. They seem to alternate which one stays on which is even more frustrating.
2blessed2Bstressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

My switch was located inside cargo bay on drivers side of the trailer. There is also a light in the cargo bay and it was right next to it. I would go and check mine but I'm in Newfoundland, Canada and my trailer is in Manitoba.

The trailer is similar but depending on the day they were built you may find the switch some where else. Check the cargo bay area and then check the switch panel inside the trailer and any other switch you see and see if they come on. Also, there may be a loose wire behind the light since you don't get two on at the same time. They should not be connected to your tow vehicle lighting system as when you turn your lights on and the clearance lights come on on the trailer. Clearance lights on the trailer are at the top on front and back and along the sides.

Tags
clearance light on, led light, sunset trail