Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2022, 05:50 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Refrigerator gas line hot

I have a 2020 sunset trail and I was having problems with the refrigerator cooling on electricity but not cooling on LP. The dealer finally replaced the gas valve and it now cools on LP. But now the gas valve has a popping sound. When I watch the flame it goes out momentarily then relights immediately causing a popping sound. When I was trialing the refrigerator after 10 hrs of running it I felt the gas line(where it attaches to the gas valve) and the gas valve and they were hot, hot enough that I had to remove my hand fron the gas valve so it didn't burn my hand. Is this normal for the gas line and gas valve to get hot while in operation?
Camping2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:26 PM   #2
Site Team

I wonder if they have the air adjusted correctly? I know on mine it has done that in the pass, (popping) but after I adjusted it, it's fine now.
As far as the gas line getting hot, I guess I've never checked that. I sure wouldn't think that is normal. Maybe talk to the service manager at your dealer and see what he has to say about it. They might have to adjust the air mixture, and that just might be the problem.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:09 AM   #3
New Camper

possible issue

The issue is either too much air mixture, or the propane tank is putting too much propane into the appliance....thee service tech needs to check the water column amount going into the appliance and adjust the air mixture accordingly.
AirborneTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:45 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

The service tach did check the WC and it was a tad low so he bumped it up a little. And it is still doing the popping sound. Gas line is still hot after that adjustment. It's in the shop again for the popping. I'm having them feel of the line when their working on it. I'll update when I find out if this is normal or not.
Camping2020 is offline   Reply With Quote