Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2023, 07:22 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

12 volt system

I'm baffled. I looked at the owner's manual on my 2020 Crossroads Zinger 18BH for a 12-volt system. The owner's manual is pretty vague. It seems that everything except the microwave and 120-volt plugs works off 120v. Everything else is supposed to be 12volt. We got home from our camping trip today and I decided to try working the 12-volt items off the battery (ie 12-volt lights) Nothing inside the camper works unless it is hooked up to shore power. What am I missing? This coming fall I will be boondocking (dry camping) in the National Forest and don't want to use the generator unless I absolutely have to. I will use the generator if I need to use the air conditioner or coffee maker but for lights, it seems like I could just use the battery since they are 12-volt. I know the battery works well because it runs the electric jack very well and is only 6 months old. Again what am I missing?
Burnsdav is offline   Reply With Quote