Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Looks like I may have a bent rear axle on our ST29ss Reserve. The rear driver's side tire is showing excessive wear on the inside of the tire and shows a noticible negative camber. The axle looks bowed compared to the front axle when viewed from the rear. We are currently on the road and I would like toswap the tire with the frontaxle tire but I'm not sure how to jack up the TT to get both wheels off the ground...any suggestions are welcome.

I don't recall hitting any curbs or big potholes so I don't know if the tire has been scrubbing since we purchased it or was it more recent. By changing tires I can at least monitor tire wear as we make our way home. BTW the spare is a different rim and tread pattern andI would like to be able to compare apples to apples.
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

8iron,

Not a direct answer to your question, but see my post:

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...s.asp?TID=3516

Long story short, I'm getting my secure stance lippert axles, tires and rims all replaced because of 'out-of-spec' measurements taken by the dealer. No tire wear that I've noticed since I only have 1500kms on the unit, but bad enough to do pretty major warranty work on mine.

I'm really not sure how I would jack up the unit to get both wheels off the ground short of using some sicssor jacks on the frame.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:36 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

use a trailer aid plus it is black in color

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn
use a trailer aid plus it is black in color

Thanks. I wasn't sure they would work with the wide stance axles andequaflex suspension. It wont get both tires off the ground at the same time to swap them but if I have to I will use the spare get it done.
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I'm not sure if this will work for what you are trying to accomplish but why not use one of the same wheels off the right side if they are the same tread design, etc? Keeps you from using the spare and lifting with a jack if blocked up.

Otherwise, remove the front tire and replace with the spare. Now block the front and remove the rear, putting the original front tire on the back. Now block up the back again and put the original rear tire now on the front. Put the spare back under the trailer and you don't have to use a jack or the right side tires.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote