Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #261
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskeNY
For those with the 2/5 year warranty - have you been taking the rig in for the "annual inspection" - last page in the owners manual - this is needed to maintain the 5 year structural warranty.

this might be part of the reason why they dropped the extra warranty. it is against the law to have "add-ons" on a warranty. an "add-on" means you have to pay extra for something to have the warranty be in effect. in this case an inspection. I don't know of any place that is going to do an inspection for free especially in the dealerships that have the different components set up as individual profit centers, responsible for their own P&L, wages, etc. maybe a small business that you have a multi-year, multi-unit history with, but just to call some dealer up that is an authorized place and have them do it for free ?

So you have to pay for an inspection, or you have to pay to drive it x amount of miles. Add-ons are legal IF they file the appropriate paper work explaining why the add-on is needed for the warranty.

there was a small discussion about this before and the legality of such.

the dealer we bought ours from (and yes it was a stocking dealership) didn't even know about the requirement for annual inspections. I had to point that out.

Edited by: drcook

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #262
New Camper

Im still patiently waiting. I must admithowever, that Im afraid its in vain....

Come on Tom and Crossroads. Im actually hoping you prove me (and everyone else)wrong.Edited by: Greene 728

2011 Crossroads 29BHX

1 wife 2 kids and 2 dogs

Lovin life!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #263
Full Time Camper

I think this is what they call the old brush off.....
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #264
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher
Can we officially declare this beaten horse dead? Gullible, over trusting, customers is why the RV business model will never change. When someone stands up to their BS, they scrurry under cover like cockroaches when a light comes on. These guys are no different than the others. Let's close this thread and go on to other topics.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #265
Full Time Camper

Let me just say this. This effects not only Crossroads, but Thor Corp. At this point I am so dissapointed in the corp attitude with this whole thing. At this point is has cost the the sale in the next yeat a new Rushmore 60,000 dollars plus (maybe) but it cost Thor the sale of a new motor coach Dp to the tune of 450,000 that a friend was going to purchase before the first of the year. How does it feel to lose 500,000 in sales?????? to me this is major dollars. I did call Thor Corp, and they said that each division is a enity in its self, and that all of the changes come from that division, that they stay out of it. Kind of sad to see a good manufacture of Rv's going down the road to poor quality and higher warranty claims.I know I am a old guy that management style has gone by the way side, but if you build quality your warranty claims go down. The 12 point policey is worthless in its self, because you will have to have the dealers on board. Dealers are known for their independance and in many cases will ignore this 12 point or drop the line and get another line. One thing that you have lost sight of is that a currant owners are you best form of advertisement and cheap. You can not buy this type of advertisement. Also this group is the core for future sales as people up grade

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:18 AM   #266
Full Time Camper

Well said Frank.

How's the adjustment going in your place?
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
Old 10-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #267
Full Time Camper

Thanks for asking Cliff the new pup has fit in well after a week she has been accepted by both Hoover and Rainbow. She goes in for heart worm treatment in a month
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #268
Family Vacation Member

I might as well get on board too and start believing that we are never going to see the side by side comparsion that Tom promised to get for us. Luckily I've got a good dealer to work with.

Jim & Linda with Candy Bar and Misty
'06 Chev 3500 DuraMax w/Banks
'10 Seville
'09 GL1800 Hannigan Trike
GSCM USN(Ret)
ALR,PGR,VFW 3788, AL460
Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #269
Full Time Camper

Is it being demonstrated that the marketing team and legal can't come to agreements on the spin?

It's really pretty sad that even the GM's promise don't mean anything. If he can't keep this simple promise, I feel for the employees and customers.

Could Tom M. have really been a spammer?

No update, no excuse nothing in over a week.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
Old 10-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #270
Weekend Camper

I just returned from vacation and will be posting the differences from old to new for all to see before the end of the work day tomorrow. Sorry for the delays. I will also try and answer all the private messages tomorrow as well

Thanks,

Tom
Old 10-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #271
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to TB88

Just finished reading article in the 2012 October Trailer Life on the Crossroads Trail Blazer ,not a bad review but Quick Info section on page 35 says basic warranty is 24 months.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #272
Weekend Camper

Magazine Articles are written well in advance. The warranty is now 1 year.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #273
Weekend Camper

Here is the much anticipated comparison of the warranty programs.

Below are most of the major items and what we covered under the old 2 year limited warranty. As you can see - if you had an issue, for the most part you had to contact the dealer or the vendor to file a claim. This process led to long delays and often negotiations with the vendors as to the amount of coverage.

Remember - the 2 year warranty was a limited warranty - coverage was often denied on items not covered by the vendor after the 1st year.

Counter Tops - only covered 1 year and required prior vendor approval
Fiberglass Tubs & Showers - 1 year, dealer or owner had to contact vendor
Frame, Suspension, Landing Gear, Slide Mech., 18 months until Jan. of 2011 - then 12 months after - dealer or owner had to contact vendor for repairs
Carefree & Dometic awnings - 1 year, dealer or owner contact supplier.
Exterior Doors, Windows and Baggage Doors - 1 year, contact dealer
Facia, Wood Counter tops, Shelving - 6 months, contact dealer
Ceiling Fans - 1 year, contact dealer
Dometic Refer & Air Conditioner - 2 years, contact vendor
Generator, 2 years or 2000 hours, contact supplier
Winegard - 2 years, contact dealer
Jensen & AudioVox stereo equipment - 2 years, contact vendor
LP Bottles - 1 year parts only, contact dealer
LP Regulator - 1 year, contact dealer
Convertors - 2 year, contact dealer
Tires - Not Covered by CrossRoads at all - Contact Supplier
Battery - Not Covered by CrossRoads at all - Contact Supplier
Graphics - 5 years, parts only, contact dealer
Fantastic Fan - 2 years, contact supplier
Shurflo Water Pump - 2 years, contact dealer
Day Night Shades and Mini-blinds - 1 year, contact dealer
NorCold Refer & Thetford Toilets - 1 year, contact vendor
TV's, Fireplaces & Home Stereo - 1 year, contact dealer
Exterior metal - 2 years, contact dealer
CO & LP Detectors - 1 year, contact dealer
Rubber Roof - 5 years, material only after 1st year
Interior Lighting - 2 years, contact dealer
Exterior Caps - 1 year from Date of Manufacture
Bedding - 1 year, contact dealer
Sinks - 1 year, contact dealer
Atwood Water Heater and Furnace - 2 years, contact supplier
Roof, Walls & Floor aluminum construction only - 5 years, subject to yearly inspections.

COMPARE THE ABOVE LIST TO THE NEW 1 YEAR WARRANTY BELOW: Notice products covered longer than 1 year by the vendor still have the additional coverage. We did not take anything away - just who is responsible for administering the claim.

Counter Tops - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Fiberglass Tubs & Showers - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Frame, Suspension, Landing Gear, Slide Mech., 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Carefree & Dometic awnings - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Exterior Doors, Windows and Baggage Doors - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Facia, Wood Counter tops, Shelving - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Ceiling Fans - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Dometic Refer & Air Conditioner - 2 years, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor.
Generator, 2 years or 2000 hours, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor
Winegard - 2 years, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor
Jensen & AudioVox stereo equipment - 2 years, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor
LP Bottles - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
LP Regulator - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Convertors - 2 year, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor
Tires - 1 year, contact CrossRoads, thereafter vendor
Battery - 1 year, contact Supplier ( we cannot ship batteries )
Graphics - 5 years, contact CrossRoads
Fantastic Fan - 2 years, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor
Shurflo Water Pump - 2 years, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor
Day Night Shades and Mini-blinds - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
NorCold Refer & Thetford Toilets - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
TV's, Fireplaces & Home Stereo - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Exterior metal - 2 years, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor
CO & LP Detectors - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Rubber Roof - 5 years, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd - 5th contact vendor
Interior Lighting - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Exterior Caps - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Bedding - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Sinks - 1 year, contact CrossRoads
Atwood Water Heater and Furnace - 2 years, 1st year contact CrossRoads, 2nd year vendor
Roof, Walls & Floor aluminum construction only - 1 year, contact CrossRoads

As you can see the coverage basically remains the exact same, if a vendor covers the product for more that one year, you still get the additional coverage. What we have done is simplify who is responsible for administering the claim. Now you or your dealer has to call CrossRoads during the 1st year and we take care of it. Again - If the vendor offers a warranty outside of the 1 year - you still get the additional warranty coverage. ( See Above )

The biggest change is no 5 year structural warranty which we had very few claims under anyway. The major claims in this category expose themselves within the 1st year - anything after the 1st year is usually due to neglect which we do not cover anyway.

We are now offering the 6 month free inspection on our dime to ensure our owners their unit is free from manufacturing defects. In addition, we are also providing an Owners Care Kit to help you maintain your unit in the proper way. Many of our customers are never informed about, waxing, seals, tire pressure and other important items the owner is responsible for.

I hope this information is helpful in understanding our new warranty. We are working extremely hard to make CrossRoads the RV company of the future.

Thanks,
Tom Montague
GM CrossRoads & Redwood RV

Old 10-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #274
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Tom,
Thanks for the response. I took my unit to my dealer recently and he told me he had been to Indiana with other dealers for some introduction into the new plan. Now, I have what I consider to be a very intuitive and smart dealer. He told me that the greatest amount of his repair business is from dealers of other brands in the area. He tells me people are very unhappy with the work being done by those brands. He didn't mention them speciifcally but I know what he was talking about. He said that he has lots less repairs to his Cruisers than to other brands, and that made me smile.

Thanks again,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
Old 10-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #275
Full Time Camper

Tom -- my CF305SK was built 8/22/2012, I bought it 9/28/2012 at Hershey,do I still call Crossroads for any item that may need attendtion
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #276
Full Time Camper

I guess I would have been out of luck under this plan when my '07 cf30sk had a roof trusse collapse when it was three years old. Would have had to shell out the repair cost myself. I am sure this would have been more dollars than what I paid my dealer to do the annual inspection. Oh well, on to other things and other manufacturers that offer just as much or more. This just puts Crossraods in the same category as many other manufacturers, instead of being a step above.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #277
Full Time Camper

The only thing I see in this is what I said 6 years ago. Why should I have to contact the company. I bought a Crossroads and Crossroads should handel it. You ARE now doing your job instead of pawning it off. My 2 main problems kicked up in the second year bad roof staples pulled and plywood curled up .Tires hit bottom of camper.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #278
Full Time Camper

Then I guess my dealer was lying to me when he specifically stated I had a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and 5 years on the structure. I specifically asked if it covered everything when I was told that and the reply was "Everything"
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
Old 10-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #279
Full Time Camper

If they build the RV they need to be responsible for every part. When I have issues I contact CrossRoads RV and then the dealer. The dealer didn't build the unit, CrossRoads did.

In my case ever problem has been related to construction issues at the factory and not the company that made the component. Our last issue - - the unit has been at the dealer for 6 1/2 weeks - ended my camping season early on 9/10.

When I take my Chevy truck in to the shop I don't contact China if I have problems with the wheels or Mexico if I have problems with the air intake - Chevy built it and they take responsibility for the equipment they purchased when they built the vehicle.

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
Old 10-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #280
Full Time Camper

I have been reading this thread with interest but have yet to add my thoughts because they have mostly been mentioned already. I too was told upon purchase the warranty was 2 years bumper to bumper. Tom, as a suggestion, the list of items above was never given to me and it would have been helpful. 3 years after purchase, my graphics cracked. I assumed (my fault) I was out of luck since graphics aren't structural. Had I known they were covered for 5 years, I would have requested replacements. Also, my paperwork for the Dicor EPDM roof says 12 years material and 5 years labor warranty. Even Dicor's website says the same 12 and 5 years (I checked).

Closed Thread