Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #81
Full Time Camper

Speedster, you should still have your 2+5 warranty. This is something new they started from here on out. As you can see by the post on here several of us are not happy about it and it appears they will not go back so we will see where this leads sales in the next 6 months to a year. This will either make them or break them.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #82
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Speedster you in fact do have a 2 and 5 year warranty. Much like you I looked at my sales invoice and the side of my unit. Printed there in bold letters is 2 + 5 year warranty. They cannot sell it to you and then change the warranty, that would be fraudulent, and CR is better than that. I believe the new 1 year warranty and the 6 month checkup are for purchases after Sept 1, 2012 only

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
Old 09-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #83
Family Vacation Member

Seems to be conflicting info in that regard on here so I just sent an email to my dealer to get clarification and voice my displeasure to him.

I also asked him if they ran it by the dealer networks prior to change, the dealer hasbecome a friend of mine over the years andhas strong integrity so I'm very interested in his view point.

If it is a two tiered system I can only imagine the documentation andcrap that will be required if/when significant issue comes up such as structural problems as dates willbecome quite an issue.

The paint is now peeling off the bedroom slide as a result of not prepping the plastic partsproperly,we had a significant leak the last time we towed in therain, haven't towed since that day so don't know if the work they did on the slide stopped the leak guess I will see next summer. If it didn't I can see a day in the futureabout 4 to 5 years out where the floor and walls are rotted out.

Was kind of the whole point of buying a Crossroads Product, it was anindustry leading piece of mind for us as a what if.

I'll wait for my dealer to tell me the status of the warranty, if it has changed I will be looking at my legal options.

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 09-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #84
Weekend Camper

To clarify - we have not changed anyone's warranty. The new 12 Point Promise and 1 Year Warranty only applies to product built after Sept 1st 2012.

Thanks,

Tom Montague

GM CrossRoads & Redwood RV
Old 09-29-2012, 03:44 AM   #85
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the clarification.......... . I was drawn in by all the positive comments aboutCrossroads, the 2 and 5warrantyand thereputation they had which was backed up by my local dealer who I have been buying RV''s from for30yrs.

Seems to me this approach has destroyed all 3 advantages in single move.

Interestingpathway to take at a time of expanding your facilities due to all the new business you have been getting ?

Key words expanding !

I for one would never havewent this way had it not been for the above which seems to be gone now

good luck with the change.

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 09-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #86
New Camper

Wow........ Today we were going to put an order in for a new Sahara 280RL but had a few last minute questions that the dealer needed to ask CR. Needless to say after reading these posts our order will NOT be going in on Monday.

We currently own an 05 Cruiser and the reasons we bought it was because of the great word of mouth advertising, quality workmanship and 2 year / 5 year warranty. A tribute to CR, we never used our warranty. If you build a quality product you shouldn't have to worry about the cost after the sale.

Maybe a Cruiser will be in our future, but instead of giving CR the slam dunk sale, we will be looking elsewhere for the same qualities that brought us to CRs for our first purchase.

Ron
Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #87
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Obie's cruiser -

As you mentioned, there are "other" brands out there with a 2-year warranty. Jayco, KZ, Forest River (opt. for $150), Open Range, etc.

I've always pointed folks to the Cruiser becuase of my experience with the company and the warranty - now that it's one year it tips the scales back to the other side. As a FR owner, I am on the owner forums all the time. One brand that keeps impressing me is Primetime. The Primetime team is always respondding to owner questions, posting running product improvements becuase of owner input, reaching out to owners with issues, and so on.

The Primetime units are very well built, we've looked at them - and I like the attitude of the company. Like Crossroads, Primetime is owned by a much larger company but unlike Crossroads you can still get a 2-year warranty on the Primetime.

On the other side, KZ is upgrading the Durango line - they've always had a standard 2-year warranty and they have been a family run operation for many decades.

Best of luck. Great thing is there are many nice rigs ont he market right now by companies that still believe in build quality and a 2-year warranty.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #88
Weekend Camper

Hello, my name is steve and i am new toRVing. we looked all summer for a CR sunset trail 32 FR. we took so long becausethe price range was from 49k to 26k so we just got the best deal this week. and it is ordered. when we started to look there was atwo year warranty.
and thats why we ordered it. and i was told there was a two year with the 32 FR. now i am told it's one. if i had knowen this i would have got the jayco. the jayco is better built. but we like the looks of the 32 FR. we are thinking of getting are money back and going with the jayco. crossroads i hope you see this. think hard now.

thanks steve
Old 09-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #89
Weekend Camper

The construction hasn't changed, our materials haven't changed, and we are always improving our construction techniques and although not many believe it yet, our coverage with the new 1 year and the 12 Point Promise is actually MUCH better coverage than our previous warranty. AND we have improved our internal structure to quickly respond to our dealers which means a faster turn around time for our customers.

What people are overlooking is that we are campers too, and huge fans of Crossroads products and we developed this warranty based off what we would want if we were purchasing a new coach today. Actual coverage and protection from the factory.

It's a better warranty. I'm sorry if we lose your business but confident in our product, our people and our warranty and I hope we will have an opportunity down the road to earn your business back if you take you decide to take your business else where.

Thanks,
Tom Montague

Old 09-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #90
Full Time Camper

Tom, no matter what you say and believe the following is true: If you believe in your product and the improved quality level, then keeping the 2 year warranty won't cost Crossroads any appreciable amount more money. Then the 12 point promise would be frosting on the cake. To my mind, and many others on this forum, the only reason to reduce the length of a warranty is because it is costing a company to much money due to poor quality. You just can't spin it any other way. Sorry.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 09-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #91
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague
although not many believe it yet, our coverage with the new 1 year and the 12 Point Promise is actually MUCH better coverage than our previous warranty. AND we have improved our internal structure to quickly respond to our dealers which means a faster turn around time for our customers.

What people are overlooking is that we are campers too, and huge fans of Crossroads products and we developed this warranty based off what we would want if we were purchasing a new coach today. Actual coverage and protection from the factory.

It's a better warranty.

Thanks,
Tom Montague

Tom,

I think this is the crux of the problem for you. We keep hearing you say the new warranty is much better than the old one. The old warranty was bumper to bumper for two years/5 on the structure (if my memory serves me correctly). The new one is bumper to bumper for one year. The only discernable difference I can find is in the implementation of the warranty. Apparently the new warranty will be allow some claims to be settled quicker.

What we have been saying is that we are more concerned about what is covered and for how long that coverage lasts. Speed of resolution is important too, but not as important as the quality of the coverage and the length of that coverage. Since the coverage is essentially identical but the length of the warranty is 50% less, we perceive that we have lost something valuable, and obviously consider important.

I believe this is our disconnect. If that is accurate then you have a potential marketing night mare trying to explain how 1 yr is better than 2 yrs of warranty coverage.Edited by: papa2

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #92
Full Time Camper

Tom,

Again we appreciate your feedback - but obviously saying your campers too made me scratch my head. As a consumer who has purchased a handful of RV's I've never, ever thought to myself that a one-year warranty is satisfactory, no matter what extra value you provide with the integrated warranty claims.

Unless you can say - "sure in the second-year if your coach develops a major issue we will cover it!" then it ISN'T equal to the original warranty in terms of duration, something every single person who has posted here equates to value!!!

You've been in the business awhile, many folks will be soured by this change at Crossroads (that's a fact if you read the last 9 pages). I'd certianly be angry if I ordered a unit and it was delivered with half the warranty length. In fact, I'd bet folks would have a valid complaint with their State AG if they ordered a unit after September first, were told it had the 2 year warranty, and were not informed at delivery it has a one-year warranty.

The second year warranty ought to be an option.........

I posted on RV.net to share with the rest of the RV community, I think it's important for potential customers:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26426865/gotomsg/26426865/p/1.cfm#26426865

Edited by: mwebber78
Old 09-30-2012, 05:36 AM   #93
Weekend Camper

Finally we are getting to the real issues and why we believe the new warranty is better. You believe the 2 year was a bumper to bumper warranty - its not. Most people haven't taken the time to read the actual warranty and what is covered by CrossRoads and what is covered by vendors.
The old warranty was vague at best - we didn't like that.The new warranty - CROSSROADS takes the responsibility and we are promising to take care of issues without delay. We are even taking extra steps to help you maintain it. Nobody else in the industry does that.

I can provide a list of what is covered by our new warranty and what was covered by the old warranty early next week so you can see a side by side comparrison.

Thanks,
Tom Montague
Old 09-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #94
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague
...What people are overlooking is that we are campers too, and huge fans of

Crossroads products and we developed this warranty based off what we

would want if we were purchasing a new coach today. Actual coverage and

protection from the factory.
There it is! This warranty was developed based on what managment wanted, not customers like us.
Coverage from the factory means nothing for me (and many of us on here); its 500 miles away from here.

Edited by: happycampers
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
Old 09-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #95
Full Time Camper

I am looking forward to the list Tom.

However, I think most of us are interested in the fact that the coach itself, the part Crossroads manufactuered - is no longer covered in the 2nd year. Can you confirm in your list that previously the coach itself (lets say I developed a defect in the sub-floor second year on your previous 2/5 warranty) would have been covered but no longer is?

Thank you -

Michael.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #96
Full Time Camper

So Tom, since you and the Crossroads management team feel so strongly that the new 1 + Promise is better than the old 2+5 warranty can we expect Redwood to follow suit?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #97
Weekend Camper

tom, thanks for the reply. but the rep form crossroads, at Hershey rv show sept, 14 told me that it was 2 years bumper to bumper. that said to me, that crossroads will fix my rv. anything that wentbad with my rv. or pay the vendor to do so.i see the rep from crossroads did not know what he was talking about. if you want me to buy the 32FR i would fix it now. and give me what the crossroads rep told me at Hershey.

thanks steve
Old 09-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #98
Weekend Camper

We do very little warranty work at the factory. The distance to the dealer where you purchased your coach or the nearest CrossRoads authorized service center is what I'm talking about. We are making it much easier for them to understand what is covered, who covers it, get answers, perform work, fix issues and get our valuable customers back on the road.

I have no idea how to post pictures of XRAY's but yesterday was my birthday and my 9 year daughter fell off her bunk bed ladder and fractured her elbow. We spent the night in the ER and had surgery this morning. 5 pins later we are finally back at home. Trust me - I care - we care - and we are working hard to do things RIGHT. I'll be in the office early next week and I will do my best to give the forum users some additional information.

Have a great weekend.

Tom

Old 09-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #99
Full Time Camper

Sorry to hear of your daughter's injury. Hope she has a full recovery.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #100
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Tom,
My best to you and your daughter for a quick recovery. Stay off of here and get yourself some rest. Tomorrow is another day. We're not going anywhere, so take your mind off this site and attend to your family please.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
Closed Thread