Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2018, 06:40 AM   #1
New Camper

Exclamation one problem after another

Our 2016 Cross Roads trailer has been one problem after another. Our awning lights went out on the first camping trip, had to have that replaced, then went out again and just gave up because the trailer was at the repair place more than we were able to use it, our slide stopped working because of a broken gear box, thankfully, the company took care of that, now the slide is out of square! will not open unless it is scraping against the trailer and damaging the window of slide. Company will not help us with that. Our awning motor is shot, after only 8 camping trips I think this is a little too much. The finish on our trailer is pretty bad. We purchased a cover for it, but the fading is getting worse each time we take it out. We saw another one that was only a year newer than ours with the same fading problem. They too were at a loss as to how to prevent it. We would NOT recommend Cross Roads to anyone, and we tell everyone what ours has encountered and how the company is only there to answer questions not back up their product. buyer beware.
Tamarakq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Unfortunately there are problems with every manufacturer. Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with so much going wrong on yours. On the contrary though I have a 2016 Superlite 240BH and have not had the first real problem so to speak other than having to rewire the stereo system on day one. I have never had to take it in to be worked on. We've been on several long trips with it and for 8 months out of the year we are going camping just about every other weekend. I do baby ours a lot with preventative maintenance probably more than I should, but its a pretty big investment. Built a RV carport to keep it stored underneath to protect the roof and keep the sun off of it to prevent fading. Went over ever seam and opening on the roof with Eternabond tape just in case. Took the stock tires off and put some heavier rated Goodyear endurance tires on. I never open the slide out unless we are perfectly level to keep it from getting out of square and I check the tension on the cables regularly and adjust if necessary. They just mass produce these things with very little quality control and that goes for any brand out there. Sometimes you get just get a flat out lemon and that's what this sounds like which is a bummer. Some states do have lemon laws on the books to protect the consumer and you might fall into that category as much as it's been in the shop so maybe you can go down that road to get some type of reimbursement? Hoping your situation gets better regardless.

.... Everyday is a good day for Camping....
Poppabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I am sorry to hear you are having such problems with your trailer. Could it be the dealer and not the manufacturer that is not following through with the repair? Fixing a slide and having it not be square falls on the dealership.
I have a 2017 Crossroads Rezerve that has been almost flawless. Yeah I had to make some minor repairs but that is from use. We use it hard but when we come home we clean it real good, make simple adjustments or minor repairs and back on the road we go.
I would indeed buy another Crossroads unit in a heartbeat.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:35 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Sometimes you get a bad one, unfortunately.

My Crossroads is smaller and relatively less expensive than other 5'ers I've had but performs well within it's design limits and I feel it is a good value.