Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2022, 04:26 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Schwintek Motors 1 or 2

On the schwintek controller, the green light flashes once for motor one and twice for motor two. Red is blinking 9 times for a code 9 hall short to ground.
Does anybody know how to identify motor one and two, would motor one be towards the front? Thanks in advance for any help. Trying to diagnose another slide problem

2013 Cruiser Aire CFL28CS
RVCRUISER34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 04:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Not very familiar with the Schwintek slide but in the Documents section under Manuals there are several on that system that may help.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:02 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I reread the manuals, just doesn't tell you how the motors are numbered. The harness is marked 1 and 2 on the controller. I can possibly unplug the motor while tapping the slide control switch momentarily. See which motor doesn't activate. I believe the wire harness going to the motor is shorted and needs replacing.
Thanks for the reply Dagst1
Old 08-10-2022, 09:19 PM   #4
Site Team

I did a little reading and nowhere did I find anything that denotes which motor - Front or rear - Is #1 or #2. I have a couple more things for you to check. On the U tube there is a couple of knowledgeable mobile RV mechanics One is Hillbilly RV and the other is My RV works. Both have done videos on the Schwintek slide.. If all else fails or just do it first give Lippert a call I have in the past and they were helpful but no guarantee that still holds true today. One more source is LCI support documentation https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out. I even looked at the OEM installation manual and it did not specify what motor is what number.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:51 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

The number two motor is the front driver side. The controller in small print has the plugs marked with the motor number. The controller is under a floor panel in a coat closet. Figured it out by unplugging and tapping the control switch. Now it's showing 8 red light flashes, a short in the harness wire.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:53 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Just an update to complete the post. I would constantly get a code 9 for the #1 motor and an intermittent code 9 for the #1 motor also. I even tried switching controller boxes with the other slide I have. I would test the slide and it would work perfect, then it would throw a code. The green light on the controller would normally blink once, for motor one and a couple of times I noticed two blinks. Anyways, I replaced motor one and was still having problems and went ahead and replaced motor two also, works great now.
What a relief, it had been working sporadically off and on for the last year.
The recommendation from my local RV shop manager, was to always replace both motors, he said they do get corrosion in the motor. He mentioned that the motors and harnesses are the normal culprits, he's only replaced 1 slide controller in the last three years.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:12 PM   #7
Site Team

I'll betcha that's a good feeling to have it fixed.
I've never had to work on a slide problem, so I certainly couldn't give any advice.
Thanks for the report.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 05:09 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Yes, it is a good feeling, Lloyd. And really in all reality, a quick fix, it's nice to have a good relationship with your local parts/ service manager. We look at buying a new camper, but figure with the expense and problems with quality, were better off, keeping what we have for now.
Last year we replaced the roof and the delaminated rear exterior wall. The roof was reaching its life expectancy and had a few leaks in the corners, which seeped down the inside of the rear wall.
I quess I've learned a lot about camper construction and repairs over the years of ownership.