Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2022, 04:06 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Slide wipe replacement

I need to replace the slide wipes on our 33si. The factory installs look like they are an integral part of the walls. I think what I need to do is cut off what's left of the old stuff flush with the wall and put the new stuff on the frame.

My concern is what happens next time I need to replace one? Can I peel the stuff off?

Thanks for your help.

Bob
kickerfour1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:59 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I’m in same planning process for slide seals, primarily the top bulb type one that’s weathered and pulled apart some from sticking tree sap and ultimately tore the bulb rubber.
Check out www.steelerubber.com they sent a catalog. Seems like I should be able to match up. To answer your question it Looks to me (if it’s an accuslide) like the side seals press into a track.
1995 Ram 1500 4x4 5.4 Gasser/Hunt Truck (cherry)
Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:11 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Swipe

I got mine from REC-PRO they had adhesive and we’re easy to put on and have had no issues.
Gregpriddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:46 PM   #4
New Camper

I just replaced the wiper seals on or 250rb. Norco R854056, 1-1/2”. Bought on Amazon. About $100 for 25’. Camping world quoted $200 for seals and 6 hours labor at $150 per. Took me about an hour for all 4 seals once I figured it out. Used some seal conditioner to lubricant the slot. Old product pulls out hard. New product slides in. Took two people, one to push and guide. One to pull. On the inside you will probably need to take the wood trim off of the slide. Outside wiper seal went on easier. I looked at the adhesive ones but didn’t think the would hold up.

Tags
slide wipes