Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Question TV Mount / Crossroads REsponsiveness

Good Morning,

We just bought a Zinger 211RD and wanted to install a wall mounted TV. There is a sticker on the wall that says "Install TV Here", but no further instructions. I emailed CR this morning asking for the recommended mounting method. I have two questions:
1. How responsive is Crossroads to owner inquiries?
2. How would you mount it. It would be great to hear from other 211RD owners on their experience.
Finally, I asked about the availability of a building schematic of this model showing the stud layout. Is there anywhere else I might find this information.

Thank you for any help you can provide,
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have the 211 RD, and love it. Use a stud finder, or tap on the wall at the point of the mounting sticker, and verify that you do, indeed, have a board under there. The stickers are known to be just a rough estimate of where a backboard is, or is supposed to be. We were lucky, it was right there.
Open an outlet cover, or just look at the window to see just how shallow that wall is. Find the largest diameter wood screw you can find that will fit into the mounting bracket, but still be shorter than 1" or at most, 1 1/4". Double-check, and triple check. If you punch through the outer wall you will be miserable. Put a tape on your drill bit to mark a "no further than this much" point. Start with a small pilot hole, then go to the size big enough for the screw, but still be tight enough to catch the threads. Do one corner, then use a level on the mounting bracket to mark exactly the diagonal corner. Once you are happy with those two, you can drill the remaining two corners. Use washers if need be on top of the bracket, to shorten the distance the screw goes in. You get one chance.
After you finish, and get the TV mounted, here's what we do for transport. The Styrofoam "ends" that protect the TV in the shipping box, slide on the sides of the TV, and wedge the TV against the wall so there is no movement. Once parked, we just slide the foam sides off, and stuff them above a window valence. Good luck!
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:05 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Marty, thanks for your reply. We also found that the sticker was in the middle of the wall and had to move our mount area over to be on a stud.

Regarding my other question: No, CrossRoads never replied at all to my direct email.

So glad to hear from another 211RD owner. I will probably have more questions for you. This past weekend we installed a roof vent cover, the TV mounting bracket and TV, riveted a towel ring into the bathroom, installed wire shelves in the pantries and closets. I am having a problem with my radio that I think is related to a battery cutoff switch we installed this weekend also.

Thanks again,
Les in Wentzville, MO
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
211rd, studs, tv mount, zinger