Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
New Camper

Watch Dog EPO

Does anyone have any experience with the power monitor Box Watch Dog EPO. We have a new one and it is cutting power off for a low voltage of 104 off the site outlet. When we plug directly into the site post and the EPO into a camper outlet, it reads 104, but a meter on the other receptacle reads 115 volt. We have tried it on other site boxes and it appears to work correctly. Any thought on the discrepancies. It has been 2 days and 2 visits to the PA State park office and no visit from maintenance.
Ridgeruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
Site Team

If I was you, I would believe it. That's what you bought it for. The electrical stuff in your camper is to expensive to monkey around with.Can you move to another site?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
New Camper

Unfortunately, the park is full. That’s what we thought. It’s just strange the other receptacle tests normal with a meter, while the box is showing 104v. The box on 2 neighboring sites does read normal, so we think it is working. A strongly worded email the the Head of the PA state parks is on the way for a lack of response for 3 days. Thanks for the input
Old 07-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I use the watchdog. My watchdog has shut down the trailer a few times on very hot days because of low voltage. I purchased this voltage panel meter and leave it plugged into an outlet all the time. As it gets hotter and hotter outside I've watched the voltage droop from 123 down to 105 and finally the watchdog shuts down. Comes back on after a delay and if the voltage comes back up. I think it's doing it's job. IF the shore power outlet you're plugged into has been overheated in the past there might be some oxidation on the contacts that cause low voltage or even loose connections within the shore power box. But, that's for the RV park to deal with. I'd trust the watchdog.

"Eversame Flat US Plug AC 80-300V LCD Digital Voltmeter Voltage Measuring Monitor, AC 110V 220V Voltage Panel Power Line Volt Test Monitor Gauge Meter for Household Plug into Outlet to Measure Voltage"

" https://www.amazon.com/Eversame-80-3...5540084&sr=8-4 "

Best of luck.

Dustin and Doris

2018 Crossroads, Sunset Trail 33CK,
38', 7600 lbs empty, 8300 lbs loaded.
2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package with added "Roadmaster Active Suspension"
toolman.dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Ordered a Watchdog from Tweety's earlier this week. Should arrive next Tuesday in time to use with the new Reflection on August 7th.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #6
New Camper

Thank you for the input. I think I will try the line meter also.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
Site Team

I installed (hard wired) a 30 Amp surge guard by Progressive Industries quite a few years ago.
They have the Life time warranty on their units.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote