Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
New Camper

Considering 2012 CrossRoads Cruiser Ctx 28MKX

I'm looking at buying a used 2012 CrossRoads Cruiser Ctx 28MKX.

I really like the floorplan. Rear kitchen and lots of windows so I can enjoy the view from the front of my seasonal site in Rhode Island. Plenty of space with the two slide outs.

This will be staying in place at a seasonal site, not traveling. I want something which can be reliable with low maintenance and issues for many years. I want to enjoy my time camping, and am not the most handy person.

So what kind of experience have people had with similar models and reliability?

I have looked through these forums and it seems the two biggest issues are the construction of the bed, and the slide outs. The slide outs are fragile while retracted and need some wood supports. The kitchen being in the slideout is a little bit of concern with respect to tubing and wires. I would think I need to put the slideouts in in winter. Likewise, the bed could use some reinforcement (I am a heavy guy). Was wondering if others had those kinds of issues and how hard they were to fix.
joeaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
Site Team

bump
Anybody got an answer?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:32 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I am not familiar with that particular model, but we do have a 2012 Cruiser. I would say check the caulking thoroughly. We had to get our caulking replaced and the dealer we took it to said it had the stiff caulking and we should have the more flexible kind. We have some water intrusion issues to deal with now.

The rear kitchens are a real problem with traveling because that area of the trailer has the most bounce, resulting in all your stuff getting moved around a lot. Since you say it will be parked permanently, then obviously this is not an issue for you.

The only slide issue we have had was some gear teeth getting broken.

We have had numerous other problems, like trim around one of the slide splitting because it was not fastened properly in the first place, and the roof developing little holes. We have a new roof now.

It's always a good idea to thoroughly inspect the caulking and the roof once a year. If you cannot do it yourself, pay a mobile RV tech to do it for you. The investment is worth it.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruiser, purchase advice, slide out