Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2022, 07:03 PM   #1
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Sd
Posts: 10
Hello from SD

Hello Just bought a 2015 nice to have a community to learn from! Trying to get everything cleaned and fixed up properly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60FF4037-36C0-4375-954D-953A60DF6DAF.jpg (441.6 KB, 13 views)
Rkenjalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:51 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 9,112
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the new to you camper.
Nice looking unit. What model is that?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:54 PM   #3
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Sd
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the new to you camper.
Nice looking unit. What model is that?
2015 Sunset trail reserve 33BD thank you for the welcome. Had original tires on it still. Got those changed out and finding a Few electrical issues but got All that squared away besides the led strip lights in the awning and front 3’ piece. Replaced jack switches, vacuum breaker check valve on the black tank flush ( that was a mess) lol, bad fuses and bulbs, about got everything all squared away
Rkenjalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:13 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: mo
Posts: 2,039
Hello and welcome!

Just a old dog trying to learn a new trick but what is " The exhaust Break manifold on the black tank flush"?

Nice looking camper. Enjoy!
__________________
2009 Seville VF32KS
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Denali.
6.6 Diesel standard box.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:21 PM   #5
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Sd
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Hello and welcome!

Just a old dog trying to learn a new trick but what is " The exhaust Break manifold on the black tank flush"?

Nice looking camper. Enjoy!
My camper has a flush kit for the black tank. Hook up water and it blasts the tank clean.
Actually called a vacuum breaker check valve. I was close lol. It is a one way valve that prevents back flow when flushing so there’s no chance of water draining back through the house into water source. Went to run it and water came out from under my bathroom sink where it is located. I edited the original post to the correct terminology lol.
Rkenjalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:33 PM   #6
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: mo
Posts: 2,039
I thought that was what you were referring to but thought i would ask in case it was something else.

Had to replace ours also and had to find a brass one to replace like with like.

Just a part of camper ownership.

Again enjoy the new to you camper!
__________________
2009 Seville VF32KS
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Denali.
6.6 Diesel standard box.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:37 PM   #7
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Sd
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
I thought that was what you were referring to but thought i would ask in case it was something else.

Had to replace ours also and had to find a brass one to replace like with like.

Just a part of camper ownership.

Again enjoy the new to you camper!
Ya I went to Lowe’s and Home Depot looking for parts to make it, couldn’t find what I was looking for so just ordered the same part that went out. Will probably just get the pieces soon and swap it out before I end up having issues again!

Thank you!
Rkenjalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:55 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: mo
Posts: 2,039
Our Seville has the San-Tee Flush system and I ordered the replacement off the Bay site. Came with the new hose plate and the new brass vacuum breaker but the check valve was plastic.

Not sure what was worse - changing the valve or getting my old bones back off the floor.
__________________
2009 Seville VF32KS
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Denali.
6.6 Diesel standard box.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:08 PM   #9
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Sd
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Our Seville has the San-Tee Flush system and I ordered the replacement off the Bay site. Came with the new hose plate and the new brass vacuum breaker but the check valve was plastic.

Not sure what was worse - changing the valve or getting my old bones back off the floor.
lol ya I hear ya there. Itís up there where itísa pain in the back side to access.
Rkenjalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:09 PM   #10
Full Time Camper
 
Papa-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.C. Mountains
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkenjalo View Post
2015 Sunset trail reserve 33BD thank you for the welcome. Had original tires on it still. Got those changed out and finding a Few electrical issues but got All that squared away besides the led strip lights in the awning and front 3í piece. Replaced jack switches, vacuum breaker check valve on the black tank flush ( that was a mess) lol, bad fuses and bulbs, about got everything all squared away
Welcome to the forum. Just get rid on the awning strip lights. They never last. I replaced mine three times. Replace them with lights under the awning. Got mine from Boogey Lights. https://www.boogeylights.com/ Sticks on and donít come off unless you take them off. Then you can have lights without having to put the awning out
__________________
*2016 CAF25SE Cruiser Aire 5er. *2020 Chevrolet 2500 HD Custom
*Ted & Tricia (Mimi- Teacup Poodle)

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!Ē óJohn Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:43 PM   #11
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Sd
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
Welcome to the forum. Just get rid on the awning strip lights. They never last. I replaced mine three times. Replace them with lights under the awning. Got mine from Boogey Lights. https://www.boogeylights.com/ Sticks on and donít come off unless you take them off. Then you can have lights without having to put the awning out
Ya that’s what I am planning on doing. I’ve seen several recommendations on the Boogie Loghts I’ll have to check em out!
__________________
2015 Sunset trail reserve 33BD
Rkenjalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:13 PM   #12
Site Team
 
DavisK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 1,682
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!
__________________

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:20 PM   #13
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Sd
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisK View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!
Thank you!
Rkenjalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×