Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2023, 06:56 PM   #1
Site Team

campground prices

Anybody finding this to be true?
https://www.rvtravel.com/campground-crowding-1114b/
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 07:25 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

For us in Canada in the two provinces we camp in, prices have not changed. It may be because the most we frequent is provincially run campgrounds. We have found that good sites book up fast and it’s very tough to find electrical or full service sites. Although we still prefer sites with services we have learned to camp without. Power is not an issue since I bought two smaller generators I can run parallel for more power. So far this year we have had non serviced sites for about 12 bucks a night in Manitoba to electrical sites at 43 bucks a night in Ontario. Those are Canadian dollars.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 07:06 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
All the above, absolutely.

I'm finding that the cheapest private parks are 60+80/night, the state and county parks are all booked, but if you go into any of them probably 25% of the sites are vacant. I don't know if it is that people just don't show up or if the reservation system is just that messed up.

I'm also seeing that the sites are getting closer and closer together, and not as well maintained.

I drive a Diesel and love the truck lanes and for the record, they've never had gas in them so I don't know what that complaint was about.

We won't be selling our RV anytime soon though. Hopefully, all this settles down and we can get back to enjoying the experience.

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 10:46 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
In CT the prices are now getting to $80 to $115 a night and adding site lock fees and resort fees to the price. It seems that a lot of the campgrounds are being bought out by campground chains and now adding "Resort" to their name and getting higher prices. We don't have many state parks that offer water and electric hook ups so we're at the mercy of private CG's. I've found that our SP are using Reserve America for their reservation system and once a site is booked it does not become available again if they cancel. The site ends up staying empty. The reservation system does not work well. It's getting crazy.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:12 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We just finished a 10k mile trip to Eastern Canada and down the Eastern seaboard of the US. We did a lot of K0A and a few private campgrounds along the way. The prices went from $55 - $85 US$ and the sites were usually full hook up and a couple were upgraded sites. The big exception was one KOA south of Louisville where I booked the upgrade site (you know the one with the picture of the big motorhome towing a cargo trailer) and paid $100 US per night. What I got was a postage stamp size lot but because it was a full service 30amp site as indicated in the one I booked that's what I got. The unit next to me on a bigger lot paid $75 a night. There is no more customer satisfaction at some of these places.

We never had a problem booking a site even a day or two in advance except at Duluth, Mn on our last leg to home as all campgrounds in the area were booked and you need to book months in advance.
Old 07-30-2023, 06:38 PM   #6
Site Team

I guess I'm spoiled. In my part of the country, where we have camped. Prices run $10 a night in the National Forest. No amenities what so ever. Pit toilets, and a hand pump for water. No night lights or street lights either.There are a couple campgrounds owned by Townships that charge $20 at one of them and $30 at the other one. Both have 30 and 50 amp. electric. Both have a shower house. Both have pit toilets. The $20 camp has a dump station. Both very quiet and peaceful set in the woods.
This all takes me back to the first campground I ever stayed in. County owned, and still is. $2 a night.
I think the most we have ever paid is around the $40 mark. That was out in the state of WA.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote