Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

We have one of the first 2014 Lincolns and an unique design to the factory model at the time of production. Ours has the designated docking station outside of the rear storage. We have put many miles on our 5er since purchase in May of 2013 and the amount of storage in this unit has been perfect to travel with. We haven't had any problems with our refrigerators. I would caution others looking to purchase this beautiful RV with it's gorgeous floor plan however, since the merger with Redwood they are now using a Redwood frame for the Lincoln and have redesigned the floor plan. There is no storage in the rear at all now and very little in the front. The interior bedroom storage has been greatly reduce also. The bathroom is smaller and more uninspiring and the kitchen slide out is now a tragedy in design(ugly). As you can tell, I do not like the changes of the new units. Just my opinion. Too bad for the future Lincoln owners. We love our Lincoln!
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

yes it is a problem
KFedrowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

We bought new 2013 Rushmore Washington from Camping World by Chicago and have had nothing but problems!!!!!!!! Camping World has done NOTHING to help us with this piece of shi_!! Crossroads came and picked up our unit (Wi Dells), and brought it back to the plant in Topeka IN in Dec 2013. WE JUST GOT IT BACK (April 14, 2014) and it still has problems. We live in N IL and went to the plant to be sure everything worked and was repaired before we took it back and they had replaced a large wood piece over the bed where the 2 lights are and cracked the entire piece of NEW wood. We had to point it out!!! There was a large crack under the refrig that you could see as soon as you opened the camper door and it was not repaired. They did repair most of the over 20 problems, that Camping World found were wrong. And that 20 number does not include the problems we found. Crossroads has been helpful, but COME ON, a brand new unit with this many MAJOR things wrong??
KFedrowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #24
New Camper

KFedrowitz I certainly feel your pain!! We bought a new Heartland Elkridge a year ago and within 4 months it was back at the dealer with a list of 27 items to be fixed which included the shower drain not being connected to the drain pipe!!!! Im convinced that ALL brands have issues because I've done a lot of research and looked at a lot of 5th wheels. I love the floor plan on the Rushmore Washington and the features it has so I am considering changing brands... BUT I have read a lot of negative comments here. I am hoping that there are happy folks out there too!!!!
sunset4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFedrowitz View Post
We bought new 2013 Rushmore Washington from Camping World by Chicago and have had nothing but problems!!!!!!!! Camping World has done NOTHING to help us with this piece of shi_!! Crossroads came and picked up our unit (Wi Dells), and brought it back to the plant in Topeka IN in Dec 2013. WE JUST GOT IT BACK (April 14, 2014) and it still has problems. We live in N IL and went to the plant to be sure everything worked and was repaired before we took it back and they had replaced a large wood piece over the bed where the 2 lights are and cracked the entire piece of NEW wood. We had to point it out!!! There was a large crack under the refrig that you could see as soon as you opened the camper door and it was not repaired. They did repair most of the over 20 problems, that Camping World found were wrong. And that 20 number does not include the problems we found. Crossroads has been helpful, but COME ON, a brand new unit with this many MAJOR things wrong??
I agree. That's just not right.
Allison Transmission
Fatboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

I'm happy with my Rushmore Jefferson...now that all the issues are repaired by myself. . If you want it done right..do it yourself..
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset4K View Post
KFedrowitz I certainly feel your pain!! We bought a new Heartland Elkridge a year ago and within 4 months it was back at the dealer with a list of 27 items to be fixed which included the shower drain not being connected to the drain pipe!!!! Im convinced that ALL brands have issues because I've done a lot of research and looked at a lot of 5th wheels. I love the floor plan on the Rushmore Washington and the features it has so I am considering changing brands... BUT I have read a lot of negative comments here. I am hoping that there are happy folks out there too!!!!
We full time in our 2013 Washington since last September. Of course we had had our share of problems, but it is what it is. You get what you pay for and there are no perfect RV's out there. No. not even class A's. This industry is fighting what all assembly plants fight, a labor force that is far from perfect.
So, that being said, go find the best deal you can, a reputable dealer and pray you get a good solid unit. NONE are perfect, this is not a perfect world.
I choose to keep a good spirit and repair all I can myself. I don't keep a list and I look at it as upkeep on my residence just like a house. Happy trails, we are well pleased with our purchase.
mickeyndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #28
New Camper

Bought one of the new 2014 Rushmore's six months ago. There have been a TON of quality problems in this lines past. Needless to say we were very hesitant and did a ton of research. They spoke about all of the changes they made and we were anxious to see if was all "true". I have to say we are VERY impressed! The coach (like any) had a few minor hiccups at delivery but nothing out of the normal that wasn't addressed. The Crossroads sales reps and service team are phenomenal as well.

When researching we took the factory tour to see it being built. What a great learning experience! The Rushmore's production actually got moved to the same plant as the Redwoods. The sales rep (who sold both products) was telling us about the differences. The Rushmore, quality wise, is built to the same standards as the Redwood now. They just have a couple of subtle differences with the "fit and finish" that helps make them 20K less!! Our friend who just bought a Washington is thrilled as well.

Hope this info help to someone looking into a new high/mid class 5th wheel!
Joe l is offline   Reply With Quote