Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Wiring blueprint diagram for Z1 18SS

I want to add some windows. Where can I get a wiring diagram for my model so I don't cut into any in the walls? Or maybe someone can tell me where the wires run, approximately?
Old 02-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Such drawings do not exist
drzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:22 AM   #3
New Camper

Additional windows?

I have found that most manufactures are to say the least very uncooperative when it comes to this kind of information. I had a Jayco that I had to rehab the back end do to a water leak and they were great. We now have a Crossroads Zinger and they couldn’t give a crap about customer service. They just refer you back to the dealer who in all actuality probably know just a little more than you do. I say proceed with caution, at Lowe’s in the electric dept they claim to have a non contact voltage sensor you might start there.
87bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:56 AM   #4
Site Team

There are no wiring diagrams available from the manufacture . Just curious where you want to add the windows? Hopefully it is not in the front. Years ago they put windows in the front but they were prone to a lot of leaks especially while pulling in a rain storm. And with you having a curved front it would be hard to add a flat window.

Also if you do decide to put a window in you will need to remove the inside paneling to expose the frame so you can tie the new window frame into the existing frame. If not the new window will for lack of a better word "flop" around and that will make it very difficult to keep it from leaking. Also you may have to relocate some of the studs to frame in the new window. Not too bad if you have a wood frame but if the frame is aluminum thats another story.

If you are a very handy person with good knowledge framing it can be done but if you are not comfortable with all this requires then it may be best to hire it out.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for all that. No, I don't want to add a front window. Mostly just enlarge the existing windows. I wonder if I may be able to partially use the existing window framing (it's wood). For example, if I could find a dinette window the same height, but wider. And there's a tiny window by the bed. I would like to enlarge it, and especially make it taller. All of the windows currently all below my standing eye level, and I really want to be able to look at something besides the ground or parking lot when I'm standing up! Even though that bed window is small, perhaps I could find one the same width, but taller. Perhaps this way I could use some of the current infrastructure.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks, I'll give up my search for actual blueprints and just proceed cautiously with a voltage sensor.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:41 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I've posted this in another thread as an additional tool for finding out what's in blind spaces. Invaluable for home, auto, RV, and many other applications. Great backup to my stud finder with electrical sensor.

https://www.harborfreight.com/digita...era-61839.html
Reese Weight Dist. w/friction sway control
jmnsn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:48 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Now I know what to get with this weekend's 20% coupon!
Old 02-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnsn57 View Post
I've posted this in another thread as an additional tool for finding out what's in blind spaces. Invaluable for home, auto, RV, and many other applications. Great backup to my stud finder with electrical sensor.

Jim, do you have one of these? If so, what do you think of it? Has it got enough light on the camera eye so you can see stuff clearly?
I was all set to go up and buy one then I started reading reviews and that was the biggest complaint.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:18 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

If you are asking me, I bought one of those for my son and he loves it. I use a General Palmscope PCS55

24" probe length
Adjustable light source
Zoom
180 deg. invert
and comes with a 45 degree mirror, retrieval hook, and retrieval magnet

https://www.amazon.com/General-Tools.../dp/B00PWKZCHE
Reese Weight Dist. w/friction sway control
jmnsn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:44 PM   #11
Site Team

Yes, I was asking you.
I quoted your post and it sounded like you had one, and thought it to be invaluable. Great addition to your other tools.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:24 AM   #12
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnsn57 View Post

I have this tool in my arsenal of tools, works great for my needs.
As with most HF tools, if I were a professional needing good tools I most likely wouldn't buy from there, but for me they work just fine & if not they replace them with no questions.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:33 AM   #13
New Camper

There are also multiple inspection cameras that connect to your phone or laptop via USB. I’ve looked at them for years but never needed one. YouTube has dozens of videos on the subject.
BruceMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, windows, wires, wiring