Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2023, 04:20 PM   #1
New Camper

2022 Crossroads Cameo 3891

Hello everyone glad to be part of the group. We have a camper new to us it's a 2022 Cameo 3891. It's not our first 5th wheel camper but I do have some questions/issues that I am hoping someone can help me with. The large slide out (kitchen/living room) does a lot of popping/grinding when it's getting close to closing(last 12" or so) and first opening. I've had my wife operating the slide in and out while I was underneath. There is a driveshaft under the slide out that connects the two gears where they move back and forth on the rails. It is pushed out and in by a single hydraulic piston on the right side. It almost sounds like the gears are jumping the teeth but they are not. When it closes the back part of the slide out is about an 1" to 1 1/2" out. I can physically pull it in with a pliers or pipewrench on the drive shaft. I've brought it in to Campers World (supposedly certified for repairs/warranty) up here but they are incompetent...wanted to order new gears. I asked him to show me what's wrong with either of the gears that are currently in there....crickets! This was a bank repo and i'm thinking the previous owners may have forgotton to move something when they closed it and possibly caused the gears to jump a tooth or more and now they are not in time or not closing in unison.

Secondly in the master control box there are two switches which don't have a label. I believe they are in the upper right corner. One of them is a bigger red switch that lights when you turn it on. The other is just a smaller rocker switch. I've clicked them both at night and in the daytime. I've had people outside and no lights are coming on or off. I'm one may be for be for the heat pads on the tanks as this does have a cold weather package. Why they wouldn't label them is beyond me. They are not in any of the manuals I could find and I don't know anyone else to ask. The dealers give me the deer in the headlight look. ANY help on either of these matters would be GREATLY appreciated!

THank you in advance!
thetac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 06:47 PM   #2
Site Team

First off, welcome aboard.

Can you post some pics of the Slide system? (Underneath the camper of course.)
Also of the switches in what you are calling the --master control box?
Some folks call the same things by different names, so some good pics might help somebody help you.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 07:42 PM   #3
New Camper

Pictures and other info

I will try to put up some pictures tomorrow...when I say master control box I mean the panel just inside the entry door where all the switches are: water pump, light switches, gray, black, and water levels, switches controlling water heater, elec./gas, switches for all 3 side outs, etc That is what I'm calling the master control box. I have two switches in there that are NOT labeled.
Old 08-06-2023, 07:56 PM   #4
Site Team

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to the LCI service manual for the thru frame Hydraulic slide system. This may help with your slide. The switches as Lloyd said the picture will help.

With it being a repo who knows what happened to it.
https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...c-slide-system Go to the manuals section and select the service manual. Sorry my old link did not work but this will get you there.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 03:11 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote

« Fresh Water Tanks | - »