Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2021, 11:30 AM   #1
New Camper

Where is WATER PUMP in 08 Cameo Carriage!

Okay you guys!!! I really need anybody and everybody's help. I have been searching for my water pump and I have not been able to find it. I have tried looking under the sink behind a door I had to unscrew but just found the hot water heater. I thought to try underneath the bed but NOTHING is there. Then I looked in one of my storage compartments and found a whole but that is the drain valve. I am literally stumped because I have water in my holding tank but it keeps sputtering like it has too much air. Therefore, I am trying to find the water pump to see if the air intake valve is opened or it has a leak and I have to replace it but I HAVE TO FIND IT FIRST.
PLEASE HELP ME
Thanks in advance.
08Cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
Site Team

I don't know where it's located, but,

when you have the pump turned on you should be able to hear it running and locate it in that manner.

Back in 08 when your rig was manufactured, Carriage was their own company. Since that time they have been swallowed up by Thor. Just when I don't know.
Maybe there is somebody on the forum that's more familiar with that year Cameo/Carriage that will chime in here.

Good luck in locating it and come back and let the rest of us know.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:13 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Start at the area where your fresh water fill/City water connection is. Look below the trailer at that location and behind the exterior wall at that location. Then look for your fresh water dump valve. Where those two items Intersect is usually the vicinity where they locate them. You may have to remove a panel or 2 to find it. Good luck snd let us know where you find them.

Tony & Lynne
Whidbey Island, WA
2021 Sunset Trail SuperLite SS212RB
2019 Ford F-350 FX-4 Crew cab, 6.2L gas
Tonyg2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:51 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Cameo View Post
Okay you guys!!! I really need anybody and everybody's help. I have been searching for my water pump and I have not been able to find it. I have tried looking under the sink behind a door I had to unscrew but just found the hot water heater. I thought to try underneath the bed but NOTHING is there. Then I looked in one of my storage compartments and found a whole but that is the drain valve. I am literally stumped because I have water in my holding tank but it keeps sputtering like it has too much air. Therefore, I am trying to find the water pump to see if the air intake valve is opened or it has a leak and I have to replace it but I HAVE TO FIND IT FIRST.
PLEASE HELP ME
Thanks in advance.
OUTSIDE, Look at outside hose connector and open closest compartments, that is where my tank/ pump/ drains are? Heated compartment fed from furnace. If Inside, will be CLOSE to same spot
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#cameo #waterpump #08