Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Cruiser Awning/slide engineering problem?

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Ok so took possession of 2016 Cruiser Aire CAF25SE on Monday. Meet dealer half way to trade and pickup new 5er. Have purchased from him before the same way and had a wonderful experience. So, we went over everything when we met. Yesterday at home we started going over everything again and found a problem. We have two opposing slides. One at dining room side and one on kitchen side. So, we had the slides out and then I decided to put the awning out to dry out. When I extended the automatic Solera awning which is over the kitchen slide I found that the awning actually presses down over the slide. I checked things out and since its automatic there's no way to raise the awning higher. Also, on the awning arm it has a sticker that say's "Pull down to adjust pitch; Easy one hand adjustment." With the way the awning is pressing down on the slide I see it wearing a hole in the awning in no time. and you can't adjust the pitch because there's not a bracket that pulls down; it's all solid. and even if I could adjust the pitch to let rain run off; the slide would prevent it from adjusting. So, I called the dealer back in TN and someone is suppose to call me back tomorrow. So, we'll see what they say. So, I don't know if this was an engineering mess up or it was added to this model without any thought put into it. One last thing; if I retract the awning so it's not touching the slide' then it's hiding the LED awning lights which is something my DW wanted. Im in closing pictures to show what I'm talking about.
1- Showing awning extended touching slide.
2-Showing top view of awning. You can see slide pushing up on the awning.
3- Showing how much slide has to be retracted to keep from touching slide.
4- Showing corner of slide and the dent in awning from the slide after I retracted it back. And it had only been extended for about two minutes.
5-Last showing sticker: Ref: Adjusting the pitch.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote