Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi -

I'm new here and would like some input.

I live in the State of Washington and have done some research on the 2010 Crossroads Sunset Trail UL ST27FB travel trailer. It appears that the best price available is offered by Wana RV in Shipshewana, IN. There are no units available here that we could see in person.

When we contacted Wana RV, we were never sent the brochure we requested on this unit and had to contact them twice in order to get a response addressing the length of time from order to delivery.

Have any of you purchased or dealt with Wana RV?

Any info on this unit and/or dealers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

iuki

iuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I had so-so response from them when calling about a possbile unit. While not a huge fan, the follow up from RVWHolesalers.com was much better.

It seemed RVW wanted the business more then Wana did. Wana also gave me incorrect information on the floorplan I was interested in.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Wana was one of two dealers I had narrowed my purchase down to. I don't recall the names of the people, but I talked to the owner and I believe the owners daughter. I found them straight forward, honest and felt comfortable doing business with them. I ended up working with a local dealer but would call Wana again. Others have driven across the country to buy from Wana and have raved. Never really heard any complaints from anyone who actually bought from them.

Now, I did know which trailer (Sunset Trail) and model (ST29RL) I wanted. So I didn't have to deal with trying to determine a floor plan long distance. All I had to decide was which options I wanted.

RVW is a bigger dealer and they have a true mixed bag in feedback. I certainly would never buy from them if I thought I needed them to either provide or back me up on service. Too many horror stories. If I was a do-it=your-selfer then the low price would be attractive as I could do most of the small repairs after purchase myself. Unfortunately I'm not so didn't buy from them.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Since there are differing views I just want to say - I have purchased many parts from RVW and they have always had a great price and free shipping. In addtition, I have chatted to the parts folks when they would call to let me know something was back ordered. Very good and are straight forward. Last month I started entertaining the idea about a 32BL sometime this year. I called RVW and asked specific option questions about the 32BL (Non-Patriot model) and they did not have the answers too all the questions but did call back within a day after talking to their factory rep.

I had emailed Wana with the same questions after they sent a follow up email to a request for prices. They did respond in a qucik fashion but gave me eroneous answers which contradicted what RVW had said. I ended up calling Crossroads and they helped me out, RVW had provided the right information I discovered.

No dealership thousands of miles from you will be able to provide the level of service a "local" dealer can. For me, I felt more comfortable with RVW and would call them again when I need parts or another quote.

Good luck.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I bought from RVW in August, 2009. The PDI was fair but I did insist on seeing everything and was accommodated without complaint. Everything they promised was delivered. Everything was in writing up front and nothing was changed by RVW at the last minute as several of the local dealers insisted would happen.

As far as warranty service, I took my Cruiser into a local Crossroads dealer this morning. This dealer appeared as though they could could not care less about where I purchased my Cruiser. They gladly said that warranty service would be performed...PERIOD. Funny, this was a place where I was told that buying from an Internet dealer would be a nightmare.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I don't think buying from an internet dealer necessarily means you'll have trouble with service. The service department is a separate profit center for most dealerships. Oh sure, some will have sour grapes and refuse to offer service. Most of the dealers here will also service your unit, no matter what it is or where you purchased it. However, many have a pecking order where customers that purchased from them are taken care of first ... period. So it's not necessarily first come first serve.

Nothing wrong with the dealership where I bought my trialer, nor their service department. I chose to have an RV Service Center that I have done business with for many years take care of my Sunset Trail, both in and out of warranty. Crossroads has been gracious enough to work with them on my warranty repairs.

However, if I wanted RVW to service my unit I would be skeptical and concerned. Same if I wanted them to back me on a service issue, whether in or out of warranty. This is NOT based on personal experience. Rather there are any number offorum posts and threads detailing service nightmares with RVW ... including this forum. My take is that they are very adept and better than most at selling RVs. Not so much on customer service after the sale.

As in all capitalistic dealings, caveat emptor....buyer beware.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 01-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Well, my husband called Wana RV and was very satisfied with them. We're now in the process of getting a loan. When we do pick up the TT in Indiana, we will stay at our daughter's place in Ohio and try out the TT for 30 days to discover any problems that may exist, and get them fixed before our return to Washington. Thanks for everyone's input.
iuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on your pending purchase. Please let us know your experience after you get your trailer.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

iuki:
I also was happy with the price and especially the PDI servicereceivedfrom Wana. Being so close to the factory, they are in a good position to correct factory issues immediately. Don't miss out on a factory tour while you are in the neighborhood.

Preston, Retired Army (1995}

2010 CF27RLX being towed by a 2005 F350 dually 6.0 Powerstroke, automatic FX4, Airlift Airbags, Reese 15K Hitch
NC Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote