Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
New Camper

Interior Modifications to the CR28RL

After we bought our new CR28RL 5th wheel, there were some things we were not very happy with. We were unable to sit at the dining room table comfortably because the chairs against the wall were damaging the blind and the wall. The seating was way too tight. The base of the table would hit your knees and the base of the post would not allow you to set the chairs straight. Solution: I removed the base and built a smaller one, moved the post to the end of the table, and fastened the table to the wall. I then removed the 2 chairs against the wall and built in a bench seat (my wife mad the cushions). Now we can sit comfortably at the table with no leg interference, and we have a lot more storage. And our wine cooler even fits under the table against the wall.

There is also very little drawer space in this unit. I removed one on the recliners (we don't need it) and built in a solid walnut desk. Now we have a work space and more drawers. I also built a drawer under the cabinet by the sink for silverware.
In the bathroom I added another medicine cabinet with a towel rack and shelving.
The unit feels more comfortable and homely now.
I posted some pics to show the changes.

Happy travels!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1359.jpg (238.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1361.jpg (194.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1356.jpg (183.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1364.jpg (238.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1358.jpg (170.5 KB, 35 views)
RudiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Mods look good. I especially like the desk!

Now you have to work at posting your pics right side up.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:06 AM   #3
New Camper

That was my first post with pics. They were right-side up when I viewed them before I attached them. I'm not how to fix that yet.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:24 AM   #4
Site Team

RudiH, a lot of folks have trouble with the pics coming out sideways or up side down. I personally can't help you with any ideas.
mark5w has posted with solutions for other folks, maybe he will jump in here and help out.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
Site Team

What I've done in the past was to pull up the picture on the "PHOTO" program. (Or any photo editing program.) Do the edits and save the picture under a different name. Then I went thru the upload process and had no problems. I used the "Manage attachments" in the "Go Advanced" tab.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:35 PM   #6
Site Team

Thanks Mark. I appreciate the explanation, and I hope it will help some of the others that have the same problem.

I have never experienced or had to deal with this issue. So consequently I couldn't help the folks who were.
RudiH sorry we hijacked your thread with this. Hopefully Mark's explanation will help.

Back to the mods you did. They all look great. It's apparent you posses some carpentry skills.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Nice job on the mod. Looks good!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #8
New Camper

Thanks for the info on how to fix the pics. I will try that next time. Makes sense that it would work.
RudiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:12 PM   #9
Gone Traveling

I like the mods especially the clean mats and properly placed sofa or seater. I also don't know how you should fix these pictures.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote