Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

On September 1, 2010 we picked up our new 2011 32CKP. By Spring, we had replaced the converter, the motor to the jacks, fixed a leaking shower and discovered a bad sanitation valve. In July of 2011 we discovered we had no PolarTec insulation in any of the four slides. We took it to the dealer who took pictures and sent them to Crossroads. We have made numerous calls to Crossroads and the only thing they've offered to do is take the trailer to the factory, dismantle it and try to put the insulation in. The dismantle would be so aggressive that it would pronbably come apart going down the road. In April they sent a tech to our home to look at the problem. It's now July and we haven't gotten anything resolved. Without the insulation, we're hesitant to even try to go anywhere in the heat. We'd never be able to get the unit cooled down.

We tried to trade it in to our dealer, but he won't take it in on trade. We're sitting here with a trailer we can't sell or trade in.
pickleloaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would take it back to the factory for repairs. I had a Bounder motor home that I had to take back to the factor to have the whole passenger side of the motor home replaced. I had cracking around the windows. I live in upstate NY and took it to the factory in PA. I never had any issues with the side of the motor home after the repairs. I scheduled it for a fall repair so I did not miss the summer camping season.

They paid for my fuel (motor home)- round trip from my house. I had a tow dolly so I had a way for the trip from/to the factory.

I would think that the repairs would all be under warranty and if there are issues they would address them.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I was going to trade it for a new fifth wheel and let the dealer and the company work out the warranty work on it. The dealer wouldn't go for this.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

The factory service dept. is very capable and thorough, I would trust them to fix anything. There are a number of owners that have had major work done by Randy Mishler and his team and I've never seen any negative post about the work done or the substance of the unit afterwards.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Randy said I'll call you back on Friday. That was in April - no phone call yet.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
Site Team

"Stuff" happens, as we all very well know. Maybe your contact with them got side tracked.
Did you ever consider a follow up call? I know if I had issues like you have stated, I wouldn't have waited since last April if I hadn't heard anything.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

If you only had the slightest idea of how busy Randy& Alan and their little band of great repairman are! They do the service on the whole Crossroads line with a small handful of folks.
The fact that he didn't return your call is very forgivable but it doesn't or shouldn't stop you from a call back as believe me you have a lot more free time than he & they do.This is not the place for you to treat them like this as they did nothing wrong but,be a very busy human being serving a lot of people very well..Jmho. Jb
I have been to the service dept many times over the last 8plus years as a visiting guest or for assistance and I have witnessed a group of one armed paper hangers at work so a missed returned phone call is nothing. You need work done so do the work to get an appointment made to do it..Jb Their work has been usually more than just the minimum and very well done in a timely manner.

Edited by: John B
Old 07-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

No doubt it is a pain and frustrating to have problems like you have described but there is a solution. I would take it back to the factory to be repaired. As stated before, they do Randy and his team do excellent work and will take care of it. They are very busy. Just and handful of guys and they don't rush through jobs. They do it right. Call Randy again. In the 5 years I have been on this forum I have never read of any problems with the work Randy and his team has done. Everyone I can remember has been very happy. I personally had to have work done at the factory and they were very professional, courteous and thorough.
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I agree with others, call Randy and get an appointment. You won't be dissappointed. They do great work and generally go above and beyond what was actually needed.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

CrossRoads now has 2 guys handling calls for Randy. You can call them at 260-593-2866. Chris Charles is at extension 431 and Tom Sanford is at extension 434.

I suggest that you give one of these guys a call to discuss your problems and get a time scheduled to take the unit back to the factory.

I recently had some warranty work done to my trailer. Chris worked with my dealer to get all of the repairs done as quickly as possible. He is very professional and easy to work with.

'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

We've called and left numerous messages. They don't call us back.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Don Emahiser, president of CrossRoads RVMay be able to contact him through:Alexandria Trusov888-226-7496 ext 248I have written company presidents in the past and was able to resolve my issues.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Pickleloaf2,
I am sorry for your problems. I called Tom Sanford and he called me back the next day. I sent him pictures of my problem (dents) and he gave me pricing to have the parts shipped to my dealer for installation. I did not want to pay the high shipping costs for aluminum 12' long so I decided at first I would pick it up at the rally and bring it back inside my unit. Then I decided to ask if they could do the repairs. They are booked full the week of the rally, but they had openings before that. So, I called back and talked to one of Randy's subordinates and she said they could fit me in on the 11th. I asked for a detail estimate of the pricing and asked if she needed anything from me. To my pleasant surprise she said "no, we have the pictures you emailed to Tom Sanford last month on file." Wow, I was impressed. She sent the quote and I said I'll be there on the 10th to drop it off and I'll pick it up on the 23rd 3 days before the rally. Yes, I haven't had the work done yet but I believe that based on all I've read on here that it will be done to my satisfaction...if not, I still have 3 days before the rally to get anything corrected. I am not condescending to you by any means, but you must persue this with them, they will stand behind their product and they will make it right...Of this I am sure.

JMHO Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

Pickleloaf2,
I have a 2011 305skp and have had some problems, from adding a second A/C to the Vin number stamped on the FW being wrong. Chris or Tom has helped out in all cases. When I have called I seemed to get through to someone every time. I did leave a msg. one time and got called back. I was wondering how you discovered that you didnt have the PolarTec insulation intalled, may have to check mine. I know sometimes on the production line things get busy and there are errors made.

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

It was 90 degrees and we couldn't get the trailer cooled down so I started poking around. I took the plug in covers off and couldn't see the aluminum looking backing that's on the PolarTec. That's when I took it back to the dealer to verify. They sent a person out of Topeka, Indiana to take pictures of it and verify what we were saying. We know of at least two other units where the PolarTec was left out.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Boy aren't you going to be disappointed when you find out reflectix foil doesn't drastically aide in the cooling of your coach.....
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Just one more disappointment in a list of disappointments with Crossroads.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

With all the problems with Crossroad trailers why would some body buy one?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #19
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleloaf2
With all the problems with Crossroad trailers why would some body buy one?

You need to remember that there are only a small number of posters on this forum andmany are complainers who don't seem to want to follow normal understood protocall. There are many thousands of satisfied owners out there,many times the complainers.

Call some one connected with your product before you go on the internet to tell how bad they are. That isn't even within the realm of fairness to one of the best or better customer service groups in the industry.

If you get no satifaction or interested cooperation then get on your high horse but after all other ways are exhausted first.. Bottom line your warranty is in print but just maybe if you are good about it you just might get some assistance anyways as they are good folks down there in that little town! Been there done that,Jb
Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to dhasenwinkle
We also have the 325ckp model 2011, and have had similar problems with ours. My question is, how did you discover the missing insulation? Where would I look to see if our unit has the Polartec insulation or not? We do have the label on the living room slide that says Polartec upgrade insulation package. But how would I know if the insulation was there or not?
dhasenwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote