Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Warranty(Dealer) problems

We have had some minor warranty issues, nothing major, but things that needed to be addressed. One of our recliners broke and when we were at the rally it was checked out and a new one was supposed to be sent to our dealer. (The recliner that broke was the second one for us. It was also too big for the space.) Accent lights for the front and awning lights were ordered in February, but they never came in. We called the dealer and were told that all was in (chair, lights) so we towed it there August 27. After we got there, after waiting almost four hours,we were told that the chair and front accent lights weren't there after all and they would have to order a new radio. When we were at the dealer earlier in the year the stove vent had to be replaced and they tore the decal doing it. At this time they said that they would replace the decal. Since my husband was sick and needed surgery, we were told that they would bring the parts to us. I called about three weeks ago and was told that all were in but the accent lights. I called today only to find out that the radio and decals are there, but the chair has dissappeared! Still no accent lights. Hubby is home and healing and we hope to head south soon. Any idea what we should do? No raido, recliner, both we need. Others not as important. This is just a short list of the minor, but very irritating problems we have had. We have never been treated so poorly by a dealer before and this is our 6th RV.
2006 Swantonian Bushcat named Gracie
1947 (2) staff and drivers for cat
Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I think the first thing I would do is find a new dealer to do your repairs. Next contact CR customer service and see if they can give you some help or better advise than mine. They used to have some good people in their customer service dept.. Maybe CHRISTIANM ( profile name) will pick up on this and be able to give you some help. Hope everything works out soon.
with a 2012 KR F-350CC, LWB, PSD, FX4 (whew)!!!!!
GrizzlyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I agree with GrizzlyBear. Although Crossroads Customer Service will most likely begin by telling you to have the dealer. I would ask for Bettina @ 855-226-7496. She is fantastic and will provide the best direction for your situation.
Kenny
Kenny White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 05:35 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

If the stuff is at Crossroads, ask Bettina if there is any way you could pick it up on your way south. You are not that far from the factory.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Our dealer contacted us that they still did not have a replacement chair, but our original defective one was still at their facility. We asked them to return it to us as it is better than its replacement which doesn't recline or retract, is bigger than the original and a different color and texture. I am very disapointed with the factory as they twice told us they would replace the (broken) replacement chair. Once at the factory rally in July and again over the phone when the dealer contacted them in late August. I will have the original chair repaired or replaced at my expense rather than to try and deal with the indifference or incompetence of my dealer and the factory. We have received the new radio, our old chair, and the decal, (too cold to install at this time) still waiting on the accent lights that were supposedly ordered in February. We only had the one year warranty and it expired in October. This is probaly a good thing as I will not have another year of frustration trying to use it.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:42 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I'm with you. I am not caring to learn how to dance with the warranty department and the dealership. Although the warranty department made our coach complete, by the time we're through you're made to feel you're stealing or undeserving.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:35 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Our dealer contacted us that they still did not have a replacement chair, but our original defective one was still at their facility. We asked them to return it to us as it is better than its replacement which doesn't recline or retract, is bigger than the original and a different color and texture. I am very disapointed with the factory as they twice told us they would replace the (broken) replacement chair. Once at the factory rally in July and again over the phone when the dealer contacted them in late August. I will have the original chair repaired or replaced at my expense rather than to try and deal with the indifference or incompetence of my dealer and the factory. We have received the new radio, our old chair, and the decal, (too cold to install at this time) still waiting on the accent lights that were supposedly ordered in February. We only had the one year warranty and it expired in October. This is probaly a good thing as I will not have another year of frustration trying to use it.

Hi guys!

My apologies for jumping in on this thread a little bit late-- I am SO sorry to hear that you guys have been run in circles trying to get this corrected.

I have contacted you via private message to get some information so that we can get the ball rolling on getting you taken care of!

Thanks, (and happy Friday!)

Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I need to issue a major apology for my statement pertaining to Crossroad's warranty department making me feel as though I was stealing or undeserving. That is simply untrue. All of those I had the pleasure to deal with were very professional while at the same time friendly and courteous. I now have a coach which is the way it should have been at the time of delivery. That was and remains my issue as we attempt to assign responsibility to the proper party. It will sort itself out as we delve deeper in the resolution process but I cannot thank those responsible for going above and beyond their responsibilities to enhance the various systems of our coach. Once again, my sincere apologies to those that personally served me during my time in Topeka, IN
Old 12-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #9
Gone Traveling

Gracie, unfortunately your experience is very common. Dealers and Manufacturers simply do not care once they get your money. Be tenacious and stick to your guns. Do not take the run around from the dealer. Reach out to the Manufacturer directly and if you do not get satisfaction, raise your concerns up the chain of management. First line customer service defaults to "no" it seems. Manufacturers will point fingers at the dealers and vice versa. See the thread about Thor's profits. Make sure your dealer is using qualified technicians. Ask them if their technicians are RVIA Certifired (this is to RV what ASE is to automotive technicians).

Do not be disheartened. Once you get past the dealer and the warranty nightmares, you will find RVing to be awesome and some of the best times you can have.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Within a couple days of posting this, we were contacted by the factory. They sent us the lights (that we have been trying to get from our dealer for several months). The arrived yesterday! They are still looking into the chair problem. They suggested that they may just send us to an upholster to get it fixed. I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #11
Site Team

Sounds good. Hopefully everything comes together for you.
Thanks for letting us know.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #12
Site Team

Good news for you. I guess it does show that the manufacturer cares.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:45 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Warranty(Dealer) problems

As a follow-up to our original post, All of our issues have been resolved to our satisfaction by the factory. Thank-you Cross Roads.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:25 AM   #14
Site Team

That's good news.
Thanks for the update.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote