Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2011, 06:22 AM   #61
Weekend Camper

I am sorry you are having all these problems: I went through the same thing with my 2011 Crossroads Sunset Trails 29 SS. We live in Indiana and found the problem in Montana: Anyway after a year I attended a Ralley in Shipshewana Indiana and met several people. They all advised me as several have here to contact Randy:

Randy found the slides were installed wrong: They had mine about two weeks and we camped from September to November several times with no issues:

We found Randy very easy to work with, we were disappointed in Camping World who lost us as a customer and several of my camping friends were all directed elswhere to purchase there campers because of the poor customer service provided by Camping World.

Randy was the best person Crossroads ever hired for Customer Service:

I hope he is able to help you as well:

Robert Hatfield Lebanon Indiana

Married 1987

Daughter Brianna 17

Son James Don 11

Lillie (www.givensblackmouthcur.com)[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

Sunset Trail ST29SS
rhatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #62
New Camper

I too agree. I purchased my new 27bh Sunset Trail and when i contacted my dealer in Michigan (i live in windsor ontario),there was no reply. I then contacted Randy at the factory and told me i could bring my unit to them. It was about a 3 hour drive but i feel the necessary repairs will probably be done better at the factory and i can store it there till spring. When we pick it up in April it will give us a chance to check out Indiana a bit. Randy is definitely a huge asset to Crossroads.
izzychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #63
Weekend Camper

when I got it back I have ran it in and out over the last two weeks and it moves great. Randy is an asset to the company. His customer care makes me believe that He and crossroads are wanting to take care of the issues and better their products . He makes me feel like I madethe right choice and I'm happy with my decision.
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #64
Weekend Camper

if they would build these units better at the factory people would not be going thru this and should not have major problems like this. hopefully for you it gets fixed . remember it was the factory who built it origionally. It looks like i have decided against a crossroads after reading these articles. to bad these rv's look great but are not built with great ratings and reviews! Edited by: mb1953
mb1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #65
Weekend Camper

Its like any other product. You look at a bunch of products and hope it will work from day one. Its what the people behind it and how its taken care of that counts. The sales person at the dealer I purchased it fromnever tried to help us.The dealer here that does'nt even sell the crossroads line treated us great and crossroads stepped up and took care of us. You'll find problems with any make and brand out there especially on new models I think they have this problem worked out and mine is still working fine. I think I made a good choice on the trailer. I'm self employed and I work on my reputation and referrals no telephone ads. I tell my customers the products are mechanical and electrical hopefully it lasts forever but something might happen tomorrow or next week Its the service and warranty after its bought that counts and I've been in business since1981.
Crossroads stepped up and took care of me and reading the posts in here they are getting everyone taken care of. Thats looking like great customer sevice which is what I like.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #66
Weekend Camper

It is good to hear that your problems were taken care of. I was wondering if those of you with slide problems noticed that something was not right from day 1 or did the slide stop working after you had the trailer a while.

I have had mine since April and have camped in it for over 60 days, plus a lot of driveway camping with the grandkids. I have had the slide in and out maybe a hundred times. It seems to work fine. It slides in evenly and stops when it is supposed to, although, I do hear somenoise that I am pretty sure is the seals moving into place. If there is a widespread problem I would like to know what I should be looking for.

Other than a little worry about the slide issue, my trailer has been wonderful. I couldn't be more pleased. We can pull it easily, it is roomy and has plenty of storage, all systems work fine, and it is gorgeous! There might be little things that I would change (hence the mods), but that is just to suit my taste and my need to "improve" things. Plus, my dealer has been great and that is half the battle!

Thanks for posting about your troubles and their solutions!

3 Sons, 2 Daughters-in-Law

1 Daughter, 1 Son-in-Law

1 Grandson, 2 Grandaughters

2012 Sunset Trail 26BH
4AggiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #67
Weekend Camper

If the slide is bad it is bad from the first: My unit I purchased was the first I ever owned with a slide: I left on vacation accross country to Montana the next day and messed with the slide the entire vacation: Camping World would not fix the problem just patch it. I think you should be ok if you have had no problems up to now. If you do have concerns contact Randy and he will get them fixed for you. Have fun camping, I know I have after the slide was fixed. Thanks Bob

Married 1987

Daughter Brianna 17

Son James Don 11

Lillie (www.givensblackmouthcur.com)[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

Sunset Trail ST29SS
rhatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #68
Weekend Camper

Does anyone know where the motor to the slide is at? We have ask this question to the dealer and called CR directly with NO answer? This is just for info...it's a just in case it doesn't work when we pack to go home
Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #69
Weekend Camper

mine is a 2012 model and the motors are up in the walls 2 of them about the sizeof a can of V-8 its aschwintek system from lippert. I don't know your slideout model but if its lippert look up their website it should have some info it. heres a link to videos for lipperts schwintek in wall systems
http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option...&Itemid=87
Old 12-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #70
Weekend Camper

Thanks Greg T! We watched all the videos on the slide system...better to be safe than sorry. Because this camper & slide system are new to us we just want as much info as we can get. It was a big help. Thanks again