Old 09-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I bought a 2012 sunset trail reserve 31BH.. I loved the camper until the entire slide assembly came off the tracks and tore off a gear leaving me stranded with the slide hanging out. The dealer did come to pick it up, I had to leave it parked as I live 300 miles from where it broke.

The dealer replaced the tracks and gears afer having it for 3 weeks. And then i got the call to say they put it back together and it did the exact same thing.. The dealer also said it was a defective camper.

Its been 6 weeks and have no idea what is taking place??? dealer will not return my calls or answer my questions.. Spoke with Crossroads and they are useless and dont care...

Has anyone else bought a LEMON 2012 Sunset Trail Reserve 31BH??

And wow the camper looks like a hurricane went thru it... The dealer has made an absolute mess of it. This is the worst experience I have ever had to deal with... Horrible...
buddydoyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Iwould suggest you pick up the phone and call Randy Mischler at Crossroads and explain to him the problem with your trailer and dealer. Save yourself some heartache.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks.. I will try him... The Lady I spoke with at Crossroads didnt want to help.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

You might get him or you might not. Just leave a message if you don't get him and he will call you back. He is busy most of the time.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

+1 randy is very helpful. i had a bad experience with my dealer and randy made it right.keep us posted with your progress.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:52 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Any word from CanadawideRV in Saint John on your trailer? I would think they would contact you since they are in the process of being sold.
elizajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Still no word yet... They will not return my calls..
Old 09-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

What was the first name of the woman at Crossroads who really didn't want to help. PM me the name if you don't want to post it. I too just had a less than pleasant go round with a woman who couldn't care less about what I needed.

thanks

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

I bought a sunset trail reserve 30 ft at the end of august. Took it labor day out for the first time slide didn't want to come in. After fighting with it for about an hour I got it in. When I got home I called the dealer they had me try to reset the panel it went out and got stuck again I took it to a service center they got right on it themotors are shot the rails are shot the guides are shot and so on but now its a waiting game.Crossroads saying its the slide out manufacturer lippertand they say its crossraods so i've deen waiting 2 weeks and still no answer on who's problem it is. All I know I'm dissapointed about the response time and the trailer .I'v been reading some posts and they give the 2 year warranty because when its in the shop for so long its in their favor. I'm already out 1 month and who knows when i will even get it back. You would think they would get it taken care of quick after a person spends so much money on their product but if they don't care they will lose loyalty. Word of mouth goes a long way everyone asks wheres your trailer. I reply still in the shop waiting to getrepairs
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

I thought Crossroads stopped the It's not my falt it's lippert's falt game. Crossroads bought the frame from lippert you didn't, it's their problem.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote