Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I bought a 2012 sunset trail reserve 31BH.. I loved the camper until the entire slide assembly came off the tracks and tore off a gear leaving me stranded with the slide hanging out. The dealer did come to pick it up, I had to leave it parked as I live 300 miles from where it broke.

The dealer replaced the tracks and gears afer having it for 3 weeks. And then i got the call to say they put it back together and it did the exact same thing.. The dealer also said it was a defective camper.

Its been 6 weeks and have no idea what is taking place??? dealer will not return my calls or answer my questions.. Spoke with Crossroads and they are useless and dont care...

Has anyone else bought a LEMON 2012 Sunset Trail Reserve 31BH??

And wow the camper looks like a hurricane went thru it... The dealer has made an absolute mess of it. This is the worst experience I have ever had to deal with... Horrible...
buddydoyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Iwould suggest you pick up the phone and call Randy Mischler at Crossroads and explain to him the problem with your trailer and dealer. Save yourself some heartache.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks.. I will try him... The Lady I spoke with at Crossroads didnt want to help.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

You might get him or you might not. Just leave a message if you don't get him and he will call you back. He is busy most of the time.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

+1 randy is very helpful. i had a bad experience with my dealer and randy made it right.keep us posted with your progress.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:52 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Any word from CanadawideRV in Saint John on your trailer? I would think they would contact you since they are in the process of being sold.
elizajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Still no word yet... They will not return my calls..
Old 09-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

What was the first name of the woman at Crossroads who really didn't want to help. PM me the name if you don't want to post it. I too just had a less than pleasant go round with a woman who couldn't care less about what I needed.

thanks

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

I bought a sunset trail reserve 30 ft at the end of august. Took it labor day out for the first time slide didn't want to come in. After fighting with it for about an hour I got it in. When I got home I called the dealer they had me try to reset the panel it went out and got stuck again I took it to a service center they got right on it themotors are shot the rails are shot the guides are shot and so on but now its a waiting game.Crossroads saying its the slide out manufacturer lippertand they say its crossraods so i've deen waiting 2 weeks and still no answer on who's problem it is. All I know I'm dissapointed about the response time and the trailer .I'v been reading some posts and they give the 2 year warranty because when its in the shop for so long its in their favor. I'm already out 1 month and who knows when i will even get it back. You would think they would get it taken care of quick after a person spends so much money on their product but if they don't care they will lose loyalty. Word of mouth goes a long way everyone asks wheres your trailer. I reply still in the shop waiting to getrepairs
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

I thought Crossroads stopped the It's not my falt it's lippert's falt game. Crossroads bought the frame from lippert you didn't, it's their problem.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Post like these are ones I like to follow. The way these problems are handled will help us decide if we will be buying our third Crossroad product after the first of the year. I am beginning to wonder if there are some people at Crossroads that are not doing their job helping customers with new trailers get the warranty work done they should be getting. I agree with Charles on this that Crossroads should be stepping up to the plate and getting both the trailers mentioned in this post repaired under warranty. Randy has always been a stand up guy when it comes to taking care of Crossroads customers and their issues some even out of warranty so it makes me wonder if someone else has become involved who does not have that same commitment to their customers. Please keep us informed of how things are handled.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

So I called the dealer again today... Finally some spoke with me... Well they have no idea when it can be fixed as they are still waiting for parts.. I am getting run around. Its almost 2 months and still no camper. What takes 2 months to repair?? Crossroads has gone downhill and they forget that it us customers that keep them in business.. I will be sure that myself and no person that I know will ever buy a Crossroads camper.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

I would call Crossroads myself and verify that the parts have even been ordered. I did that several times when my Cuiser was @ Canadawide. They will tell you if the parts have been ordered and when they were shipped. Just give them the vin # of unit when you call down, they will have the info.

2011 Cruiser 32CK Provincial
Old 09-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Sorry about your bad experience.Since my Cruiser was @ the same dealer for repairs 13+ weeks this summer, I can certainly understand your frustrations. But, I still have confidence in the Crossroads brand and have had numerous employees from Crossroads Indiana go out of there way to ensure parts were delivered as needed to my dealer.

I still love my Crossroads Cruiser and certainly wouldbuy another one.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:38 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Sounds like the same very poor method the other manufacturers use... Got a problem call the person who made the sub-system. If it's a coach problem ok we'll take care of it....

I am going through this with a replacement couch in my Forest River. Same BS, we will call Williamsburg furniture for you and you can work it out with them. I have noticed other folks on forums saying that Keystone and others are doing this too.

I really hope Crossroads doesn't start going in this direction.....
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

If my trailer was at service place waiting on warranty repairs for 13 weeks I would be looking into Lemon Laws. However, I don't know what the laws are where you folks are at, and what options you have available.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook
If my trailer was at service place waiting on warranty repairs for 13 weeks I would be looking into Lemon Laws. However, I don't know what the laws are where you folks are at, and what options you have available.

yes, we have been in contact with our lawyer and he's checking out our options....we did get it back from the service place last week, but it wasn't fixed correctly...
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

CanadaWide in Saint John NB has been Sold to Leisure Time RV in Quispamsis. WE just purchased out new 2011 Zinger fromCanada Wide RVand have been left in the dark. Leisure Time is waiting for all paperwork from Canada wide rv...LeisureTime Rv is a great RV dealer here in NB and hopefully they will honor all warranty for Crossroad....Fingers are crossed....We are waiting for our couch to be replaced...Canada Wide assures us its been ordered...That was three weeks ago....somehow, I just don't beleive CanadaWide....hopefully LT will step up to the plate. Edited by: wadetech
wadetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #19
New Camper

Send a message via MSN to luciebe1
Hi

We do have purchase a lemon to, first the slide was closing properly and there was rust spots on it ceeling part due to a water infiltration, the dealer told us that after they had fixed it that they have receives the trailer with water damage, then we did nt have heat in the back room and condensation on the slide in the back, they found the problem by removing over 21 feet of over ducking and they fixed the furnace to because it had such a long cord that you could get into the back room with it. Then we had problem with the water tank sensor, it shoad that it was full but it was nt. I wounder whats going to append next welcome to the world of lemon
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadetech
CanadaWide in Saint John NB has been Sold to Leisure Time RV in Quispamsis. WE just purchased out new 2011 Zinger fromCanada Wide RVand have been left in the dark. Leisure Time is waiting for all paperwork from Canada wide rv...LeisureTime Rv is a great RV dealer here in NB and hopefully they will honor all warranty for Crossroad....Fingers are crossed....We are waiting for our couch to be replaced...Canada Wide assures us its been ordered...That was three weeks ago....somehow, I just don't beleive CanadaWide....hopefully LT will step up to the plate.
We have been told by Crossroads that Leisuretime will be doing the warranty work for us that needs to be done. You can contact Crossroads and find out if the couch has been ordered for you (have your vin # handy, you will need it). They can tell you where it is at, if indeed it was ordered.