Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2015, 05:09 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

Do know specifically of anyone who used this product that I can talk to. The purchase price is kinda high, but if it truly works I would be willing to try it. I would want to get some feedback first from somebody that has had experience with it.
mbohnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:34 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

This is the sort of thing that makes me very concerned about my future purchase. Maybe it would be best if I wait and see if CR is willing to make this right for all of you... It's not YOUR fault they used a faulty product and if they're not willing to fix something as simple as a paint problem, what else might they try to dodge responsibility for, right?
Old 11-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #23
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer View Post
This is the sort of thing that makes me very concerned about my future purchase. Maybe it would be best if I wait and see if CR is willing to make this right for all of you... It's not YOUR fault they used a faulty product and if they're not willing to fix something as simple as a paint problem, what else might they try to dodge responsibility for, right?
The low quality materials and poor workmanship is appauling. We went camping last weekend. One screw that attaches the awning mechanism had loosened. When I went to pair it I found that it had rusted. Galvanized/zink plated screws should not rust. Also, there was not any sealant on any of the screws. When you pierce the exterior of anything you should put sealant to prevent water intrusion. Needless to say I replaced all the awning screws with stainless steel and it is well siliconed to keep moisture out of the wall. We found that the finish on many of the cabinet knobs is flaking. A hinge on the cabinet under the sink is rusting from splash while doing dishes. The screen on the ceiling vent has become brittle from heat ans is crumbling.

I understand keeping costs down but come on.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (267.2 KB, 6 views)
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

CR seems to want and do the grab and run. I tried my best to rectify this through the proper channels and they reply "it is out of warranty" 1yr warranty for a defect beyond my control? They just dont care. Be very careful. It is alot of money to spend for a product that is not backed.
Stephenm781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:10 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

Oh and by the way. I have sent NUMEROUS emails to Andy Cripe the CEO. He doesnt even have the courtesy to reply. Reputable companies respond to their customers. These guys are all about making money.
2014 Sunset Trail 32FR
Old 11-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #26
Site Team

Quotes from other Rv forums.

Jayco;
Quote:
I'm annoyed that after spending $30K+ on a new camper to buy it, deliver it, and equip it, this can happen within the first few months of ownership.
I find the motto "Generations of Family Fun" ironic. I seriously question whether this camper (which I have now made 6 of 120 payments towards) will actually last long enough for my son to use when he gets his driver's license
Forest River:
Quote:
I Purchased a Sabre 5th wheel (non Silhouette) and have had nothing but factory type issues. Finally after two years I think I have enough confidence in it to travel comfortably. Not trying to scare you. All these rigs have issues. I just think Forest River and Sabre have more than normal.
Keystone:
Quote:
it seems as though Keystone believes the shelf life of a $40K+ 5th wheel is 3 years! Now I'll have to go through my insurance company to try and fix a manufacturers defect because the company refuses to stand by their product! Frankly I expect better from a company like Keystone. I'm going to turn to the Good Sam Club and see if they can bring some pressure on Keystone to stand behind their products.
As you can see, Crossroads is not the only Rv with owners issues. So, it you sell your Crossroads, what other brand do you buy that will have total customer satisfaction?????

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #27
Gone Traveling

Mark, it's not about accepting low standards, poor quality materials and shoddy workmanship just because these are commonplace in the industry. It is about we as consumers expecting and requiring the highest quality products and workmanship possible at a particular price point. It is about consumers deserving, expecting and receiving attentive, quality and timely service. It is about we as consumers requiring the industry member who is taking our money to display the strongest character, and the highest levels of integrity. All of us standing together with these expectations is the only way the industry as a whole will improve.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #28
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer View Post
RVwer, if you are getting the 2016 Crossroads is no longer building it with the dark brown cap that had the fading issues. It is now a cream colored cap, so fading should not be an issue going forward.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #29
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Duke To Go View Post
Mark, it's not about accepting low standards, poor quality materials and shoddy workmanship just because these are commonplace in the industry. It is about we as consumers expecting and requiring the highest quality products and workmanship possible at a particular price point. It is about consumers deserving, expecting and receiving attentive, quality and timely service. It is about we as consumers requiring the industry member who is taking our money to display the strongest character, and the highest levels of integrity. All of us standing together with these expectations is the only way the industry as a whole will improve.
I agree whole heartedly. We deserve a product that will stand up for the price that we pay. I am realistic and dont expect things to last forever but when was the last time that anyone saw paint breakdown on something a little over a year and a half? Like I said earlier, I take care of my things and I am just looking for the company to back their product. We do need to stick together and hold these manufacturers accountable. This forum is a great way to share ideas and stick together.
Sunset Trail 32FR 2014
Old 11-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Duke To Go View Post

I totally agree with you. There is no alternative for help with problems like these. If there was a lemon law for rv's maybe it would help, but lemon laws are very precise in how they work also, not what people think they are.
We are extremely limited on what we can do for additional help. I know it's very, very frustrating. But I have no idea of what a solution would be.
Personally, I try to do all the minor repairs myself and the rest would be handled under my extended warranty. Owning an rv turns us into rv techs whether we like it or not. My original dealer is two hours away, and it gets costly to take it back and forth and to be at their control of how long it takes for the repair.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 11-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #31
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
I totally agree with you. There is no alternative for help with problems like these. If there was a lemon law for rv's maybe it would help, but lemon laws are very precise in how they work also, not what people think they are.
We are extremely limited on what we can do for additional help. I know it's very, very frustrating. But I have no idea of what a solution would be.
Personally, I try to do all the minor repairs myself and the rest would be handled under my extended warranty. Owning an rv turns us into rv techs whether we like it or not. My original dealer is two hours away, and it gets costly to take it back and forth and to be at their control of how long it takes for the repair.
I think we all learn how to make repairs. The paint is just a whole different issue. The fact that CR changed the cap style and paint color tells me they acknowledged an issue. I am sure there will be another way they will cut corners. If we stick together and communicate what the bigger issues are it may compel these guys to step up and do the right thing for their customers. I plan on spreading the word at campgrounds etc for people to do their research. We have alot to offer one another out here. Thank you all for your input etc.
2014 Sunset Trail 32FR
Old 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #32
Family Vacation Member

Stephens & Cheauteau(sp?) check your state lemon laws. Some are covered, some(cl a, b &c)are covered up to certain weights.
However class action suits may be a solution. Just a couple of avenues to consider. In fact there is a law firm listed under "lemon laws" that will review the situation.
I agree with you that knew the problem, repaired some & denied others with the same problem. There a number of problems that are common to most manufactures but that is not a reason to push customers off on extended warranty companies, especially when they were fixed or acknowledged multiple times with same inferior materials under original warranty.
loogie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #33
Weekend Camper

This issue is totally wrong. I can't believe that these guys can even look themselves in
the mirror
Old 01-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #34
Weekend Camper

I think the lack of comments from CR in this Forum is stating the company's stand on the issue. I have a new CR 29RB and so far I have been happy with the camper. This year will really put it to the test as I have at least two very long trips planned. My hope is that the Camper will perform well and while I know there will be issues, I hope they are easily remedied.. I will keep the camper covered when not in use so hopefully gel fading won't be an issue for me.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:36 PM   #35
Site Team

This forum is not run by Crossroads, therefore, with the exception of Christian, Crossroad does not comment here. Direct contact with Christian, your dealer, or Crossroads service, is the way to go.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #36
Weekend Camper

Un Cap Blues

I talked to both of them. I was told that the problem was sporatic, therefore they feel since I am out of warranty, I am out of luck. I wonder why every Sunset trail I see with the dark brown cap has the same problem. Both Cross Roads and Camping World Know how to wreck any shred of pride of ownership a guy can have. Karma is not on thier side. They are not honorable people and that is not the American way. Shame!!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #37
Weekend Camper

Well, considering this is part of their new advertising sales copy:

"Our tan exterior with UV protected front cap not only eliminates cap fading,"

It just shows that they've known all along that there was a problem but they kept using the old caps anyway.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #38
Full Time Camper

kelleysdad I sorry about your front Cap and the poor response the CR, We all need to remember that we need to make the best of a bad situation. I went round and round with the dealer and then CR. I finally just went out and got it painted and moved on. Saved the summer and my mind.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #39
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBo View Post
kelleysdad I sorry about your front Cap and the poor response the CR, We all need to remember that we need to make the best of a bad situation. I went round and round with the dealer and then CR. I finally just went out and got it painted and moved on. Saved the summer and my mind.
Yep, sometimes it's better to move on for your own peace of mind, but this IS something I value hearing about before I make my purchase.

This thread tells me that I should be ready to have things go wrong that CR knows will go wrong and will refuse to fix anyway. That's just how they do business.

So I have to decide, do I like the camper enough to maybe have to put extra money into it to make it work the way it was supposed to in the first place.

A thread like this, which tells me how the company treats their customers, is invaluable. Thank you to everyone who has posted!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:05 PM   #40
Site Team

When we buy one of these campers I'm pretty sure we all know at the time just what the warranty covers and for how long.

How many other things do we have that we expect the warranty to go on indefinitely after it has expired? It would be nice if it did, but that is not the real world.
There aren't to many RV manufactures that have coverage after the warranty ends.
Sorry.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote