Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 45
hoses that I don't know

I need some help here, while I was draining my fresh water tank I saw two hoses under the TT. one is blue and other is red. and they sit below the water heater, both have a black cap on them. I have to assume that these are drains for the hot water tank, but not sure.
Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hoses under TT.jpg (71.6 KB, 3 views)
pchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Full Time Camper
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,994
Those are your low point drains to assist in draining the entire water system. Be advised that they do NOT drain all the water out. That's why most people blow out or use RV antifreeze.
__________________
Stan and Terri
Oak Harbor, WA
2008 Chevy 2500HD D/A
2007 Cruiser CF30SK
Glide Ride Pin Box
Reese 16K Slider
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 45
Did not know that, is this something I should be doing or just leave it alone
pchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
Full Time Camper
 
OhioMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchambers View Post
I need some help here, while I was draining my fresh water tank I saw two hoses under the TT. one is blue and other is red. and they sit below the water heater, both have a black cap on them. I have to assume that these are drains for the hot water tank, but not sure.
Bill

There easy enough to access, so I always open them up and drain when I travel. Why carry the few extra gallons of weight, right? Doesn't hurt not to though, unless your going to be in freezing temps for a while. I assume Florida is immune to such rituals we need to practice up north here.
__________________

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Full Time Camper
 
anaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 2,394
Low point drains, 1 for cold. 1 for hot. I have found tilting the tt helps get things drained. I only use them when winterizing or draining tanks.
__________________

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #6
Full Time Camper
 
Tim D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: So IL
Posts: 1,811
Depending on where in FL you are, you are probably pretty safe.
__________________

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #7
Full Time Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,012
Red = Hot
Blue = Cold
__________________
Clif and Millie
Ozzie (half a dog tall & 2 dogs long)
Mabank, TX
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location:
Posts: 120
Send a message via AIM to Susan
When I had my walk through, I was told not to blow out the lines, use anti freeze.
__________________
Susan
2014 ST32RL
2015 250 Dodge Cummings Diesel
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #9
Site Team
 
mark5w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
When I had my walk through, I was told not to blow out the lines, use anti freeze.

Susan, your post is called a popcorn post.

Blowing versus antifreeze is a long argued topic.
__________________
Mark & Susan
Lehighton, Pennsylvania

'13 Cruiser Patriot 335SS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #10
Full Time Camper
 
socoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: , RI
Posts: 1,164
Get an xtra bag of popcorn because the blow and antifreeze folks are coming to the party too.
__________________
Al Laura (Lily & Breeze Portie Girls)
2011 F250 6.7 PS Tuxedo Black 4x4
11 305SKP- TPMS- RideRite air bags
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location:
Posts: 120
Send a message via AIM to Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Susan, your post is called a popcorn post.

Blowing versus antifreeze is a long argued topic.
Learn something new everyday! The walk through guy told me it would void my warranty. I have a large air compressor where I have my TT parked so it would be easy and cheap to do. I do not want to start anything, that is just what he told me.
__________________
Susan
2014 ST32RL
2015 250 Dodge Cummings Diesel
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #12
Full Time Camper
 
anaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 2,394
IF you blow your lines out, get an adaptor plug, drain all the lines, leave all faucets open and use 40 psi. We usually use antifreeze for the extra security but have blown our lines out. Some will swear by each method. Both should work if Done properly.
__________________

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #13
Full Time Camper
 
Tim D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: So IL
Posts: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Learn something new everyday! The walk through guy told me it would void my warranty. I have a large air compressor where I have my TT parked so it would be easy and cheap to do. I do not want to start anything, that is just what he told me.
BS.. Not you Susan. You would want to dial your compressor down to 35-40 psi. Hook it to your city water supply. Easy peasy! Some just drain and blow out lines while others do both blow out and the pink stuff. I did both just because it was so easy to do.
__________________

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #14
Full Time Camper
 
mike06081969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D View Post
BS.. Not you Susan. You would want to dial your compressor down to 35-40 psi. Hook it to your city water supply. Easy peasy! Some just drain and blow out lines while others do both blow out and the pink stuff. I did both just because it was so easy to do.
Unless you have a check valve stick open on your hot water outlet from the water heater like I did this winter. I hooked up the air hose, set my regulator to 40 psi and blew...and blew...and blew. Never could get air out the faucets inside the camper. So, I decided that I was going to have to put antifreeze to it since it was already dark out and the temperature was 20 degrees and falling rapidly. Therefore, I lined everything up and started pumping antifreeze. I hear water running under the trailer, run outside, and lo and behold: antifreeze running back out the water heater drain. I ended up having to disconnect the hot water outlet from the water heater and plug it to get it winterized. I'll have to change that check valve when I get ready to start camping.
__________________
Mike in Tennessee
2007 Cruiser 30QB
2008 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #15
Full Time Camper
 
Tim D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: So IL
Posts: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
Unless you have a check valve stick open on your hot water outlet from the water heater like I did this winter. I hooked up the air hose, set my regulator to 40 psi and blew...and blew...and blew. Never could get air out the faucets inside the camper. So, I decided that I was going to have to put antifreeze to it since it was already dark out and the temperature was 20 degrees and falling rapidly. Therefore, I lined everything up and started pumping antifreeze. I hear water running under the trailer, run outside, and lo and behold: antifreeze running back out the water heater drain. I ended up having to disconnect the hot water outlet from the water heater and plug it to get it winterized. I'll have to change that check valve when I get ready to start camping.
Was it stuck because it was already froze?
__________________

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #16
Site Team
 
mark5w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,770
Check valves have a tendency to wear out sometimes.
__________________
Mark & Susan
Lehighton, Pennsylvania

'13 Cruiser Patriot 335SS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×