Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

King Bed Size

We purchased the 253RB camper that came with a king bed. Laying on it was rock hard so we took a credit and removed the mattress. We are needing to purchase a more comfortable mattress however, the opening measures 70-1/2” wide x 75”-76” long. The RV mattresses I am seeing online are 72” x 75”or 80” in length. The 72” will not fit. What did some of you guys do for a better fitting mattress? I am new but if anyone had the same model someone else hass already came across this. Appreciate the help in advance.
Todd
Old 01-06-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We ran into the same issue with our Queen size. we ended up buying a memory foam that we were able to trim to fit easily
Old 01-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #3
New Camper

We went to Comfort King and they custom make any mattress in their showroom to your specific needs.
mull4142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

memory foam

We bought a bed in a box memory foam mattess. You put it in and it unrolls. Ours fit into the size of opening we had when it expanded, butyYou can take the cover off and trim it if the area is not enclosed. Good price too. Under $300 shipped off of ebay. We did get a 12" mattress and I think now that is too much. I would go thinner. It is wonderfully comfortable though. You never want to get out of bed.
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab diesel w/ 8' bed
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #5
New Camper

Mattress idea

We took the king out all together. And I trimmed the wood platform down to fit a normal size queen mattress ordered one off amazon and we have a 100% more comfortable bed. Plus a few extra inches of room on both sides of the bed
Old 01-24-2020, 06:06 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph_shelly View Post
We took the king out all together. And I trimmed the wood platform down to fit a normal size queen mattress ordered one off amazon and we have a 100% more comfortable bed. Plus a few extra inches of room on both sides of the bed
i wish i would have seen this reponse prior to ordering a bed custom cut to the dimensions we needed to fill the hole. We have recieved a nice comfy bed 70x75 and it sleeps way better than the one that came with it. Hind site i would have cut the side panels down trimmed it out and put a queen bed to give more walk room.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:49 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Mattress custom size

We have purchased custom sized mattresses in our RV from Mattress Insider and have been more than pleased with the products. The customer service is great to work with and are more than happy to answer any questions you have.