Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Where's the switches???? I have a '12 29RL Sunset Trail and there is no switch for the bedroom lights. I have noticed this on several Sunset Trail models. My wife is well, "vertically challenged" and the lights are a PITA to get to since they are just about in the middle of the bed. Is there a simple fix to this to maybe put a switch on the wall somewhere without major modifications?Edited by: kymedic513

Madisonville, KY

'12 Sunset Trail Reserve, 2007 Dodge 2500 Ram MEGA CAB Cummins 6.7 Diesel
kymedic513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

It definitely won't be easy, but it's possible. What you'll need to do is fish a pair of wires from the light to the nearest interior wall and then down the wall to where you are going to locate the wall switch. At the light, connect the new wall switch in series with the power wire to the light. Turn on the lights with the switch at the light fixture and leave it on and use the newly installed wall switch the control the lights. I had a look at your floor plan and the bathroom wall would probably be the best place to mount the wall switch.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We took the light from the center in the bed and the one above the head of the bed and moved them to each side of the bed just above the wardrobe. That way you can easily reach them when you walk into the bed area (with the added benefit of the light now illuminates the inside of the wardrobe better).

We also added a twin directional light just above the head of the bed to have light that is easier to use when reading. The previous light above the head of the bed was not directional and both lights turned on at the same time instead of independently.

I have made tons of mods to my Sunset Trail trailer and will post them soon.

3 Sons, 2 Daughters-in-Law

1 Daughter, 1 Son-in-Law

1 Grandson, 2 Grandaughters

2012 Sunset Trail 26BH
4AggiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

That is one of the things I miss most from our old trailer. It had real switches for the lights.....on the wall where they belong. Not just the on/off rocker on the fixture itself.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4AggiesMom
We took the light from the center in the bed and the one above the head of the bed and moved them to each side of the bed just above the wardrobe.Â* That way you can easily reach them when you walk into the bed area (with the added benefit of the light now illuminates the inside of the wardrobe better).

We also added a twin directional light just above the head of the bed to have light that is easier to use when reading.Â* The previous light above the head of the bed was not directional and both lights turned on at the same time instead of independently.

I have made tons of mods to my Sunset Trail trailer and will post them soon.

Can't wait to see some of your mods.

2007 F250 super duty
Big smokey is offline   Reply With Quote