Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I have wanted to get my Cruiser weighed for a long time, but haven't gotten around to it because it was inconvenient. Last week I finally got to it. I was certain that the Cruiser was not overloaded, but I wanted especially to get individual weights on each axle. My rig has always rode about 3 inches high in the front as measured at the bottom of the frame. It tows like a dream but I was sure that the out of level condition was effecting the overall weight distribution. I have already done all the available adjustments to the hitch and pin box to level the trailer and 3 inches is the best I can get without raising the whole trailer.

Many of you may recall that Iposted aboutmy failed rear axle and repair last spring. Which is another reasonI wanted to get individual axle weights.

So off to the scales I went last week with the trailer loaded for my next trip. Also had full propane tanks, potable water tank at 1/3 , gray and black water tanks empty. The weigths are as follows.

Total Cruiser weight 10,492 lbs vs GVWR capacity of 11,760. 1268 lbs under max.

Font axle 3700 lbs vs GAWR capacity of 5200 lbs. 1500 lbs under max.

Rear axle 4580 lbs vs GAWR capacity of 5200 lbs 620 lbs under max.

Pin weight 2212 lbs vs advertised dry weight of 1600 lbs. 612 lbs over dry weight.

I also weighed the trailer on each side. The total weight on the curb side axles was 120 lbs less than the street side weight. Insignificant difference!

I was nottoo surprized to see that the rear axle was carrying 880 lbs more than the front axle.

I was a little surprized that the side to side weights were so close sincethe 30SK has 2 of the 3slides and all the appliances on the street side. I expecteddifference to be greater.

I did not expect to see my pin weight 612lbs over the dry pin weight. I suppose that is also a result of my high in the front condition.If the front axle was carring more of the loadI expect the pin weight would be less.

So I thought I would share this info as it may be helpful to some of you, especially you 30SK pullers.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote