Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I bought a 2011 ST26BH Reserve this year. My wife and I absolutely love the trailer - lightweight (relatively), roomy, lots of storage etc.

However, I had to take it in for a Tongue Jack problem. On our last trip, the jack jammed and wouldn't retract (had to use the stabilizer jacks to drop the trailer on the hitch). Made a grinding/binding noise. I did mange to get it to retract without load on it (once I extended the stabilizer jacks). I took it into our dealer, and they said they had a number come back with similar problems. Bad thing is its been over a week, and no part yet from CrossRoads. Has anyone else had this problem?

While it was there, I mentioned another observation I had about the trailer. When I maneuver the trailer (tight cornering/backing up), I notice what I would call substantial wheel/axle deflection. As in one tire looks like / and the other looks like \. To me, it looked more than 'normal'. My dealer (who actually looked at the problem - I thought they'd just blow it off) found some measurements that were out of spec for the axles. I'm now waiting to hear if Lippert will warranty the axles (again, its been a week, and my dealer has had no response from them).

I'm hoping these are two isolated incidents and that I will be able to continue enjoying my trailer. Big camping trip next weekend, so I hope they get it all sorted out in the next 7 days.