Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi! I have a 2005 32QB Zinger that I bought (and LOVE) used from a private party in 2006 when it was a year old. Since it was bought used, the warranty would not cover the ongoing issue I have of the furnace not lighting all the time. We have the camper parked on a permanent spot, with a 200gallon kidney propane tank that was installed by the propane company. When we get there on Friday nights (we use it every weekend) after we turn the tank on, I light the stove burner to get any air out of the line, then turn the furnace on. It will always light the 1st time, but from there on out it is hit and miss. Sometimes it will light again, sometimes it will come on, try for 3 times, then lock out for an hour. Lately, it doesn't come on again after the 1st time, so the problem is getting worse. Since I bought it from a private party, no one wants to come out and service it without huge fees. With it hit and miss, I don't want to pay for someone to sit there for hours to see if it will or will not light again. (Sorry this is getting long winded!)

I searched through past posts, and see that some people with the same problem have changed over to the Hunter brand digital thermo from Walmart, and I will be picking one up this weekend. My question is, if that doesn't work, how do I remove the furnace so I can bring it in for repairs? It is in the kitchen under the fridge, and when I take off the grill, alls I see is sheetmetal. There is not access from outside, other than the small exhaust outlet. I am hoping I do not need to cut a hole anywhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am tired of missing out on fun weekends in the winter due to lack of heat in Northern Minnesota!

Thanks!
Lynn
Linnie is offline   Reply With Quote