Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2023, 09:01 AM   #1
New Camper

Smile Outdoor Kitchen Griddle Upgrade

Hello,

I have a 2021 5th wheel Volante 270BH. It has the outdoor kitchen with the burner and a sink. I am wanting to upgrade the burner and replace that with a griddle. I saw a couple of YouTube videos on this, but wondering if anyone has done it with my type of camper. I don't use the current burner (maybe 1 time in 2 years) and think I would utilize the outdoor kitchen more by making this upgrade.

Thanks!
stangs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 12:51 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

My BIL did . He loves it. He has a travel trailer though.. shouldn't make a difference.. the process is the same.

He removed the 2 burner stovetop, and the shelf it slides on, then made a new one for the griddle.

I'm thinking about doing the same.

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 09:06 AM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
My BIL did . He loves it. He has a travel trailer though.. shouldn't make a difference.. the process is the same.

He removed the 2 burner stovetop, and the shelf it slides on, then made a new one for the griddle.

I'm thinking about doing the same.

Thanks for the reply! The couple of videos that I watched on YouTube seemed pretty straight-forward, but their setups are different than mine so I am a little hesitant and don't want to wreck anything.

If anyone has any photos or videos of their setup could you please share? I would appreciate it to have more examples to go off of to feel more confident in me proceeding with the change.
Old 08-09-2023, 09:28 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangs05 View Post
Thanks for the reply! The couple of videos that I watched on YouTube seemed pretty straight-forward, but their setups are different than mine so I am a little hesitant and don't want to wreck anything.

If anyone has any photos or videos of their setup could you please share? I would appreciate it to have more examples to go off of to feel more confident in me proceeding with the change.
Why don't you post up a photo of your setup? Finding someone with the exact same camper in this forum is going to be difficult.

There are many different floor plans and even some custom features that make most campers different (even those that share a model number).

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 07:50 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Ill get pictures....

I just bought one with a Blackstone griddle. Ill get pictures in the next few days.

Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangs05 View Post

NCPictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 08:55 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

My Crossroads came modified with the Blackstone griddle. Hopefully these pictures will help you

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...albums321.html
NCPictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:09 PM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPictures View Post
My Crossroads came modified with the Blackstone griddle. Hopefully these pictures will help you

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...albums321.html

Thanks for the pictures! Although my setup is a little bit different, this helps me out a lot seeing what it looks like! Appreciate it!

Tags
griddle, outdoor kitchen