Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello, new member here. We are considering the Cruiser CT28RKX for my retired husband andme as we travel with our families and grandchildren. My question is, in that particular model, thesofa makes an interspringhidabed. How does it extend? Out like a king size bed? or to a double? under only two pillows? I cannot find a pic showing the sofa made into the hideabed.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Retired G-ma in Dripping Springs, Texas
malysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

It extends out under 2 of the sofa cushions. We have the 5th wheel version.
mdk1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thank you so much, I sent a message to Crossroads RV and Kris Craven...was so helpful...I now understand that the 4 cushion sofa will extent from 3 cushions into a king size sofa bed....yahooo!!!!! we have our crusier on order. Its perfect for my husband and I and my 87 yr old mother who I really need not leave as we camp during deer season will all our kids.
Now, she can have the master bedroom with her own TV and my husband and I get to have the king size sofa bed...as we get up early to hunt.....perfect for out situation....
Thanks so much,
Malysc
Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

And.....I love the counter space in this travel trailer....
malysc
Old 07-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

the counter space that comes with the rear kitchen, is my favorite part about the rkx floorplan. We got ours in March this year and have had a terrific time with it so far. Zero issues from the gitgo. Everything has functioned like a charm. I hope you have as much pleasure with yours as we have with ours
Old 07-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Can you tell me something about the table set up in the 28RKX trailer? It looks rather small, can it accommodate 4 people? is it stationary or could be be changed out?
Have you tried sleeping on the sofa bed?
Which color scheme to you have, light leather or dark chocolate?
Our trailer is on order, but now I am wondering about the color.
thanks for any information.
Malysc in Austin (Dripping Springs) Texas
Old 08-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

the table is attatched to the floor. 3 people can eat comfortably, 4 tight.We tucked a wooden t.v. tray (fromwal-mart $10.00) under the bed.It comes in handy for an end table near the sofa.Haven't slept on the sofa bed, oh and I double checked ours, itopens out from under 3 cushions. We have had it opened up and if I were to sleep on it, I would use afoam mattress topper. We went with the dark chocolate. I really wasn't aware it came in a light leather until after we ordered, and of course I second guessed myself, too. But we couldn't be happier with our camper and the choices we made. We were lucky enough to see one on the showroom floor. So we new exactly what we were getting. We did order with the upgraded insulation, since we live in Illinois and can have cold snaps in the spring and fall. I am sure you will enjoy yours and I know just how excited you are. I think ours was delivered in about 4 to 5 weeks.
Hope I helped, mdk1982
Old 08-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

thank you for all your infomration. However, do you have any idea how big that table is inthe 28rkx? I will proably replace with a pedistal drop leaf but wondering how much space from the wall I have to work with? I cant find any information on how big around it is, only looking at pics.

Thanks
malysc
Old 08-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Hope you make many great camping memories. Welcome. You'll find everythingyou need to know on here.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

the tabel is 45" X 35".
Old 08-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

well, thanks!!!! you reply so quickly.Table isa "little" bigger than I thought. Being that I ordered my camper directly for RV without actually seeing it...makes me a little nervous. But of all the plansI researched, this one fits us best. I cannot see any good pics of the bath in the 28rkx. It says on standards, there is storage. Is is located under the sink or is there a towel cabinet? cant see one in pics. Have you added any storage or racks in the bath?
malysc in Texas