Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

We had a 20" CRT that we used in the 03 RL - sat in the midship entertainment center and stayed in place while towing only held in place by a larger foam pillow between it and the retracted side wall.

I am wondering what type of television most RE owners are using ? I saw a picture on the internet of corner entertainment center being modified with what looked to be a piece of paneling for a flat screen. Don't know if this is factory, or a mod:

<div align="center">

<div align="left">It would seem that putting a CRT on the shelf - thou strapped down the shelf - and going down the road will put some stress on the shelf given it is located at the rear of the trailer. Perhaps hanging a LCD on something like the panel pictured could be inviting trouble as well ?

I am just not real excited about having to stow the television for transport. Could it be worry about nothing ? Please share what you are doing or have done with your RE model. Much appreciated !

07 CF29RE

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_grVdWhdI6YA/TA...800/sigpic.jpg
tneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

The nice thing about a 29RE is the E-center can hold a little larger tv than most. I started out with a Toshiba 26" wide screen CRT. It was pretty heavy so I had to re-inforce the shelf. The last 3+ years I've had a 32" Samsung LCD. It took a little internet searching to find one that will squeeze into the space. the key is getting it past the framing. For travel I just push it back against the side wall and hold it in place with a closet rod with foam wrapped around it. I've looked at a couple of ways to move it to a wall mount butas of now haven't figured out any that seemed to be worth the effort. Takes just a minute to push it back to the wall and drop the dowel in place.

The set up in your photo looks interesting but would require relocating the outlets and connections and would need to beable to support an LCD mount. Seems like a lot of effort would be required.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote