Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2023, 07:15 AM   #1
New Camper

Stereo/tv sound problems

I just purchased a 2011 Crossroads Cruiser CF32ck11. It was owned by an elderly couple who bought it new. It hasn’t been used much at all. Looks immaculate inside and out. It has the complete owner’s manual and I have looked through it for my answers to no avail. First of all when I went to get it they had it hooked to the power with a 14 gauge drop cord. Said the air wound only work for a minute and trip a breaker. Someone finally informed them they couldn’t run the air on a light drop cord. They had powered it up for purposes of showing it to sell. First thing I found when I got it home was they had burnt up the converter box with the light cord. I replaced that with no problem. The books say this unit has surround sound. But I cannot get the tv to play through overhead camper speakers. It has the Jensen stereo with dvd. Also the over the air stations will work fine then all of the sudden no signal. The camper is sitting still. I’m guessing a connection or problem with rooftop antenna. It has the antenna that resembles a small plane. It is stationary. Is this an antenna I should upgrade? If yes recommendations? If anyone could give me some assistance on the sound issue I would really appreciate it! Thank you
Randy332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 06:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Bump this back up. Maybe somebody will help here.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 05:52 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Randy...You say you have trouble with the antenna part of your television correct...Did you use the CABLE hookup for your television yet if so how did it work..? The manufacturers use the cheapest connectors for the television wires...I would check them first...As far as the surround sound does the outside, and bedroom, and living room speakers all work OK..? Your just not getting surround sound...?
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 04:41 AM   #4
New Camper

All speakers work fine when I put the jenson stereo on radio. I just can’t figure out how to get my television sound coming out those speakers
Old 08-18-2023, 05:50 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I assume you have checked all the physical connections between the radio & TV...Sorry I can't help any further it is probably some little thing you overlooked in the radio manual or could be wires between the two hooked up wrong at the factory and never investigated by previous owners...Let us know what you fine if you solve the problem...Good luck...Oh and welcome to the forum...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 12:13 PM   #6
Site Team

You have to connect the tv audio out to the radio and most likely use the AUX button to send it to the speakers.
Check out this link:

https://www.everything-about-rving.c...-speakers.html

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 07:20 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Jensen radio is garbage. don't waist to much time on it.
I replaced all the speakers from previous owner blowing them.
very disappointed that the systems are still garbage. then after about 2 months the head unit completely died.

Finally went to costco and picked up the bose sound bar and sub. Fixed the crap sound.
Airborne Elite Sidewinder pin, Maxx air 7500 Fan
2015 GMC LTZ,6.2 Gas, Short Box, Firestone F3 air ride.
Bilstein Shocks
Miniozzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 12:34 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have a Jensen system.

The radio was programmed by a 9 year old with issues. Could barely make it function with a printed copy of the manual. Factory forgot to plug the arc cable in.

I downloaded the Jensen online remote for the phone. Now, I can make it work.

Try that.
tomkatbay is offline   Reply With Quote