Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2021, 01:24 PM   #1
New Camper

Hot water heater location

So I am new to the RV scene. I was getting ready to winterize my Zinger 28BH and I am having a hard time locating the hot water heater. I am guessing it is probably under the sofa. Also while I am at it, I have found the low point drain behind the right side wheels. Is there anywhere else under the RV that I need to drain. I have already drained the water heater. Thanks in advance Brian
Peanut05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:36 PM   #2
Site Team

To locate the water just go outside and look for the door then look for a window or something for reference inside. It may be under the booth or in a cabinet or behind a false wall/panel.

You should have 2 low point drains -- 1 hot and 1 cold. There should be a fresh water tank drain under the tank. Look in the area of the fresh water tank fill under the camper.

Any more questions just ask.

Also it helps others to better help you if you include the year of your camper. To make it easy you can add it to your signature and it will always be there.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut05 View Post
So I am new to the RV scene. I was getting ready to winterize my Zinger 28BH and I am having a hard time locating the hot water heater. I am guessing it is probably under the sofa. Also while I am at it, I have found the low point drain behind the right side wheels. Is there anywhere else under the RV that I need to drain. I have already drained the water heater. Thanks in advance Brian

If you have already drained it, you should know where it's located.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 07:59 PM   #4
New Camper

Sorry I did not put this in the original message. The Zinger is a 2015. The low point drain I think I found belongs to the fresh water tank. I have yet to find a blue and red drain. I will look again. Thanks for the help.
Peanut05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:58 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

FWIW I had a 13 Zinger ZT260BH. Pretty sure floorplan was identical other than being longer. HWT was at rear of camper. Access was in rear cargo door and had a panel screwed to wall and floor around it. I had it for 8 years and never ever found any low point drains other than the fresh water tank. When I had to change the coroplast cover underneath I even searched for drains that may have been hidden.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:02 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Hot Water Tank Drain

I have always opened the outside ventilation door for the hot water tank to locate the drain plug on the tank and emptied the tank by removing the hex plug.

This may not be correct for your RV but both of my fifth wheel RV's hot water tanks have been drained this way. You should still locate your low point drains and drain all lines.

Your owner's manual may have some helpful information on winterizing your particular RV.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:38 AM   #7
Site Team

If i understand the question correctly he is trying to find the water heater location inside the camper to access the bypass valves.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote