Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
New Camper

2014 Sunset Trail trailer front

Has anybody added the fiber glass front piece to an older 2014 Sunset Trail 24ft. Trailer ?
I know the 2016 and newer have a fiber glass panel in front witch is much stronger then the soft panel, also slows down on some leak issue I hear.
We’re would I found one if cost effective .

Mac 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Not sure what a summer set rv is and who manufactures it. Can you fill in that info for us?

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:53 PM   #3
Site Team

Just thought of it, do you mean a Sunset Trail?

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:23 PM   #4
New Camper

Correction Sunset rv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Not sure what a summer set rv is and who manufactures it. Can you fill in that info for us?
Sunset....sorry about that
Mac 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:49 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Not sure of the model of your Sunset Trail but I just had mine painted and found decals for it. I have the Reserve 25RB model which comes with the fiberglass front cap. Here is my post.
https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...tml#post144456
Old 08-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

My 2013 Crossroads 25RL grew a lumpy front that looked like craters of the moon and water leaks were to blame. Dealers didn't want to touch the work and Crossroads told me to go blow. So I bit the bullet and removed the front. The underlay, if you can call it that was CARDBOARD. When water leaked in the CARDBOARD soaked it up like a sponge and the water began rotting the wood roof structure. (my Crossoroads says it has an aluminum structure, this is largely a lie, it has "some" aluminum") . I had to replace the rotten wood and bought some baltic birch (3mm thick-4 ply) and first covered the front with this, waterproofed it, and then glued the plastic original front on the plywood underlay. When the front and front side aluminum mouldings came off, most of the screws holding the mouldings were rusty, some just spun in the holes. The wood side frames had split wood around 60% of the screws letting water in to swell the wood and rust the steel screws in contact with the aluminum mouldings. My Crossroads is constructed like cheap crap, unbelievable. It's better than new now with the CARDBOARD removed and replaced with plywood. 5 days work.
grtblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:50 PM   #7
New Camper

My 2014 st250rb did the same thing, except there was no leak, the cardboard and the fiberglass separated from the heat.

And I have the same question. I have noticed that Sunset Trail sells the solid cap, wondering if it will fit over our current nose.