Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2023, 05:32 PM   #1
New Camper

Dog ate my wires!

Need help guys! I have a 2014 Sunset Trail and my dog discover that he could pull the wires out through the bedroom side panel. I need to know if those wires in that section only go to the tv and the radio. Haven’t tried the tv yet but the radio is definitely without power. I’m hoping I can splice everything back together when I take that panel off.
Rebecca B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Do you have a picture that would show what/where you are referring to? It may help to have a visual of the area.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:45 AM   #3
Site Team

If you do the repair, I recommend soldering the power wires and using shrink tube on the repair. If it is the tv cable, you can get either screw on adaptors or clamp on adapter for the repair.
Then somehow make it "dog proof" so it won't happen again.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 02:10 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca B View Post
Need help guys! I have a 2014 Sunset Trail and my dog discover that he could pull the wires out through the bedroom side panel. I need to know if those wires in that section only go to the tv and the radio. Haven’t tried the tv yet but the radio is definitely without power. I’m hoping I can splice everything back together when I take that panel off.
Sorry to hear. I had a boat 30 years ago. My dog (Australian Sheppard) had a lot of fun pulling the tail light wires out. Over and over she did this. When you make the repair your dog will smell your scent and do this over and over. In his brain he's playing with you because of the smell. He's just playing, but it's a real pain in the neck to pull new wire again and again. I finally broke her of the habit my mixing red pepper and jalapeno seeds with some glue and coating the wiring with it.

Good luck.
Dustin

Dustin and Doris

2018 Crossroads, Sunset Trail 33CK,
38', 7600 lbs empty, 8300 lbs loaded.
2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package with added "Roadmaster Active Suspension"
toolman.dustin is offline   Reply With Quote