Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #21
Seasonal Camper

What took you so long to look into this? I told you that was it.

I hope CR will address this. It happens alot. It is from wheel spray. I would demand that CR fixes this for you. These should be water tight. What would make them install a household electrical junction box behind the wheel wells? That's what I have had to deal with. In fact, I don't even have wheel wells.

If all else, you can install some mud flaps, maybe that will help.

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:59 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Can't tell what unit you have or if it still under warranty. Maybe add that to your signature.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:04 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
Can't tell what unit you have or if it still under warranty. Maybe add that to your signature.
It is a 2014 Sunset Trail 32FR
Stephenm781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #24
New Camper

It is road spray and what mine was doing was running down the slide and getting in the box as well, when mine was "fixed" under warranty they didn't even put the wires back in the box just taped them up and left them dangling. I guess they can't hold water is not in the junction box. Not to mention my floors swelled up like a sponge. oh well my dealer made good on my rv i traded it in on a Cypress, I will give crossroads one more chance. Still just poor engineering to have that box right were it is at. I think the idea of some small holes would be good, not to big though to get muddobbers in there.
mneuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #25
New Camper

It's not pulled stored at the Beach, and only pulled across street to storage about 1/2 mile doubt but maybe road spray? Out of warranty 2014 30RE. had a leak about a year ago and they re-sealed the slide out corners and back glass when in warranty and Camping World only replaced the GFI then and did not get to the source of the issues. I drilled 1/4" holes in the box covers, will re-check in the Spring.
Thanks for all the input.
vernonbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:19 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

I bet the entire inside of the box and wiring is corroded by now. It doesn't take long for that.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuman View Post
It is road spray and what mine was doing was running down the slide and getting in the box as well, when mine was "fixed" under warranty they didn't even put the wires back in the box just taped them up and left them dangling. I guess they can't hold water is not in the junction box. Not to mention my floors swelled up like a sponge. oh well my dealer made good on my rv i traded it in on a Cypress, I will give crossroads one more chance. Still just poor engineering to have that box right were it is at. I think the idea of some small holes would be good, not to big though to get muddobbers in there.
I have to take another good look at the underside to see what gets wet from road spray. I know that there is no wheel wells. Yours causes your floor to swell?

Old 11-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #28
Site Team

You can spray coat the box with Plasti Dip. Shop Plasti Dip 11-oz Black Matte Spray Paint at Lowes.com That will seal it tight. And if you have to get to the box again, it can be pealed off and resprayed,

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #29
Site Team

This is an issue that has been going on for years and years.
My rig is an 08. When I joined the forum back then they were talking about this.
I pulled the cover off mine almost right away and put a bead of clear silicone around the edge of the box and put the cover back on. Then stuck the nozzle in the end where the wires go in, and squirted that full.
Knock on wood---no problems--so far.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote