Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2023, 07:57 PM   #1
New Camper

Slide out rail system malfunction (Lippert system)

(New to group)
Hi everyone.
Yesterday I went to put my main slide back out after traveling a short distance back home from our campsite. (15kms) While trying to put it out it jammed and dropped. After a long day of trying to get the slide all the way out I found one of the roller came off the top track and the gear and rail misaligned causing the gear to brake a tooth off and ripped up the track rails. Does anyone know where to find parts for this? I’m going to need a gear and 4 rails.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7937.jpg (148.3 KB, 29 views)
Christopher Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 07:58 PM   #2
New Camper

Sorry for the sideways picture.
Old 08-08-2023, 05:58 AM   #3
Site Team

Whats it on? Make, model, and year.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 06:41 AM   #4
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Whats it on? Make, model, and year.
2014 Sunset trail 32 bh
Old 08-08-2023, 06:46 AM   #5
Site Team

Not sure of what camper you have. If you add a signature with the year, make and model it helps us help you.

Here is a link to lippert slide parts. https://store.lci1.com/rv/maintenanc...nd-lifts/parts
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 06:53 AM   #6
New Camper

I have it there now.
2014 Sunset trail. 32bh
Old 08-08-2023, 07:35 AM   #7
Site Team

Thanks for adding it.
One thing more on your slide -- there were several design changes over the years so you will need to have the serial number of your camper when you contact Lippert.

Also check out the You Tube channel My RV Works. He has several videos on that type slide that could be helpful.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:36 AM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Thanks for adding it.
One thing more on your slide -- there were several design changes over the years so you will need to have the serial number of your camper when you contact Lippert.

Also check out the You Tube channel My RV Works. He has several videos on that type slide that could be helpful.
Thanks
Old 08-13-2023, 02:27 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

This appears to be the Schwintek system by Lippert. All the parts are available from Lippert or e trailer or other places. There are u tube videos showing how to replace everything.
davidfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 02:53 PM   #10
New Camper

Thanks for all the replies. I’m actually going to trade it in. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-13-2023, 09:10 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

I replaced the tracks, gears, blocks and rollers on the FLOAT side of the slideout on my trailer last year when I had the same problem. It was the roller that broke and caused the slide shell to drop out alignment.

Ordered parts from both Lippert and ETrailer. I used My RV Works videos and all the info I could get from Schwintek system by Lippert. I did manage to do the work myself. The parts were expensive as I had to pay the exchange and Customs Duties. You will want to get the pigtail to operate the slide motor from a drill battery once you take the molding off that side of the slide. You will have to make sure which side of the slide to order parts for. They are called FLOAT and FIXED. The manuals will help you identify them.

Good Luck (it can be done)
Old 08-15-2023, 08:21 PM   #12
New Camper

Change of plans.
Is there a way to free wheel the slide in and out. So it totally doesn’t destroy itself. So I can still use the camper until my parts arrive.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:28 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

If you are disengaging the motors to free wheel the slide make sure you put them back in place and put blocking on top of the slide to prevent it from free wheeling back out when your going down the road.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:29 PM   #14
New Camper

So if I unplug the motors it should free wheel?
Old 08-15-2023, 08:34 PM   #15
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakherder View Post
If you are disengaging the motors to free wheel the slide make sure you put them back in place and put blocking on top of the slide to prevent it from free wheeling back out when your going down the road.
So if I unplug the motors it will freewheel?
Right now my upper tracks a damaged and one upper H block roller is broke off. Just wondering if I can free wheel it in and out so I do t beat it up more.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:06 AM   #16
Site Team

Here is a link to some videos that may help
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Qco5pzU6phS4je

This guy knows his stuff. There are several videos on the Schwintek system. From what I remember if your H block is damaged there is nothing to hold the slide room on that side. Looks like if you manually push it out there is nothing holding it and it could tip over and tear up the room or the side of the camper. Check out the videos and then decide.
Old 08-16-2023, 05:23 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

Best way to go about it is to read the Schwintek manuals and check out the videos from MyRvWorks. That will give you some idea on how these slides work.

There is also some info on how to disconnect the motors to free wheel it in there somewhere as well.

To disengage the motors you have to find the screw that hold them in the block. The screw is located on the outside of the trailer under the D Molding near the top and in line with the motor. Once the screw is removed and lift the motor up about a 1/2 or so (not sure of the distance here). Once the motor is off the shaft the slide can be free wheeled. BUT you must get the motor back on the shaft and reinstall the screw that holds it in. ALSO make a 2X4 blocking for the top of the slide when it is inside the trailer. It goes against the trim on the slide out to the wall this will prevent it from accidently rolling back out on you when your travelling.

UR no relation to Wayne Russell from The Rock who was in the RCMP by any chance.
Old 08-16-2023, 05:50 PM   #18
Seasonal Camper

Christopher; I bought parts for my Lippert Schwintek slide on Amazon and Ebay (lower cost than dealers). If you go to the documents tab at the top of this page you will find information on schwintek slides. Also you can Google ccd-0001602 and ccd-0001768 for Lippert Schwintek documents that contain parts lists, part numbers and information you will need to fix your slide. You may also want to check out some of my older posts where I repaired the float side of my living room slide that was not done correctly from the factory. It is not really that hard of a job to repair it. Hope this helps you.