Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2023, 05:33 PM   #1
New Camper

Hampton HT35FK

I’m looking for the location for the access to insert the handle to override the slide out. The electric motor is working but I think that when I close my slide out I went to far and now it can’t extend.
It’s a park model 2011 with Lippert system and the model is: HT35FK.
For the living room kitchen the hole to access the override is easy to see but for the room I can’t find it, maybe it’s hide behind my deck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0269.jpg (480.3 KB, 2 views)
wallyandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:06 AM   #2
Site Team

Looked for your camper and could not find pictures of it that helped. From the outside under the bedroom slide do you see 2 arms with a rack on them? Or are there tracks or cables on the side? Just wandering with it being a bed slide if it is like a 5th wheel where the slide mechanism is under the bed in the bed platform. I will keep looking for something that helps.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:31 AM   #3
New Camper

They are electric through frame slide-out with some tracks with theets and nylon wheels
Old 10-08-2023, 07:03 AM   #4
Site Team

Of the 2 arms one has the actuator. The one with the threaded rod and a can looking part they call a stop bell. The stop bell is against the frame if the slide is closed. Sometimes these get hung up on the frame hole and will not let the slide go out. The motor runs and the clutch just slips'. Directly on the other side of the camper should be the rod with a roll pin making a tee where you attach the crank sticking thru the frame. If you do not see it you will have to access the motor and using a socket there is a nut on the end that you turn doing the same as the rod.

If you can not turn the rod/nut you may need to go back to the other side and loosen the jam nut by the bell then turn the bell away from the frame. Then try the room it should go out. If you do this you will need to adjust the bell again as this is what stops the room. To do this you close the room until the gap on the side is even top and bottom then turn the bell in to contact the frame and tighten the jam nut. Try the room a few times to see if it closes properly. There are several videos by Lippert on you tube on how to adjust it.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2023, 07:13 AM   #5
New Camper

Thank you. I will be going back to camp sometimes this week if weather allowed and will follow your instructions. I’m taking with me a new battery also just to be sure.
Old 10-11-2023, 09:05 PM   #6
New Camper

Went back to camp and crawling underneath I finally found the little rod and I use the handle to open the slide-out about 2” and manage to operate the slide out with the electric motor.
Old 10-12-2023, 06:56 AM   #7
Site Team

Glad it worked and you got it open.