Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2023, 09:31 AM   #1
New Camper

Backup camera no power

I just purchased a new 2022 Cruiser Aire 28rks. I'm trying to install the backup camera. But there is no power present at the connector. It is hooked up to the truck and the lights are on. The trailer running lights are on. Using a voltmeter there is no power. Is there a fuse somewhere? Anyone know how the power cable is routed? Also, does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram of the trailer?
edsamuel57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:29 PM   #2
Site Team

I think most are wired so the camera is on when the running lights are on, and I don't think there is a fuse anywhere specifically for the camera. I'm not sure how you took a voltmeter reading in such a small connector. I could not get my voltmeter probes inside the connector on my trailer.

As far as a wiring diagram for your trailer, they are not available.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 02:25 PM   #3
Site Team

Did you install the power relay fuse to make one of the 7 point trailer plug hot when the truck is turned on. My relay fuse was in the glove box and had to install it myself.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 05:29 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

As said already power is obtained from the running lights. Our camper came with the Furrion ready mount. Bought the camera and plugged it in and all works. For running light power I turn my fog lamps on.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:53 PM   #5
New Camper

Had the same issue... if you do a search on the forum you'll see that other folks had this problem. In my case, there was a black wire right behind the center marker light that was not connected to anything. I determined that this wire went to to the camera prep and connect that into the center light power and all was good.
Crazy that they build these units with rear camera prep but do connect the wire.
kmzad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 06:42 AM   #6
New Camper

Thanks for the responses. I pulled the power cable out last night. It wasn't connected to anything. Just looped and tied to the trailer light power cable so it could be pulled out and connected later.
edsamuel57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:54 AM   #7
New Camper

Furring Rear Camera Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmzad View Post
Had the same issue... if you do a search on the forum you'll see that other folks had this problem. In my case, there was a black wire right behind the center marker light that was not connected to anything. I determined that this wire went to to the camera prep and connect that into the center light power and all was good.
Crazy that they build these units with rear camera prep but do connect the wire.
I have a 2022 Cameo 3201RL with the “Furrion Rear Camera Prep”. I had no power when I initially installed the camera. Plugged in, marker lights on yet no power. Thought I bought a bad camera after 3 hours of playing with it. After testing the camera with the monitor power cord connection ( I had to read the manual to learn that ) I realized it had to be the wiring on the trailer. I then pulled the wiring for the trailer lights out from behind the camera mount and found the camera connection wire for the Furrion Camera taped but not connected to the wiring. Spliced the wires together, red to white and black to green and white wire and it worked. Huh ;-)
MarkS.Baker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, wiring