Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

You may want to check the by-pass valves, i.e. the ones used for the winterization process. These tend to become flaky and will partially restrict water flow.

2005 Cf29CK with all the goodies and hydraulic disk brakes
Squaredancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:31 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCameo View Post
I apologize if I seem to be hijacking the thread which is not my intent but the last post was interesting as a new owner. I hadn’t thought about using the fresh water tank to supplement the city water pressure. My question is if I’m hooked to city water and getting say 45psi and then turn on my pump with some freshwater in the tank, will it simply increase the system pressure or is there some sort of check valve to go to the higher pressure source? Just wondering there is any need to shut off the city water intake if using the pump?

So far I’ve been fortunate to be in places where my adjustable pressure regulator at the faucet was the limiting factor and have not experienced low water pressure yet but I know the day will be coming.

Thank you
Suspect more that WPump would stay off, UNLESS water pressure dropped below about 40psi, and then kick in :-)
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #23
Family Vacation Member

I believe bypass valves would only affect hot water side pressure. Process of elimination - what is pressure using tank and pump? What is pressure when connected to City supply? Is there a difference? Yes would suggest something amiss in one side or the other which is a very short path as both are generally connected together in very close proximity. No would suggest downstream from that point and could be figured out by knowing which appliance closest to source is low pressure. One other thought of the cuff - valve for antifreeze input when winterizing?
Reese Weight Dist. w/friction sway control
jmnsn57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psi regulator, water pressure