Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2022, 01:51 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Electric stabilizer jacks

I have a set of the Lippert PSX1 on out 2021 sunset trail. Seems like the motor intermittently works. It’ll go half way down then nothing. Tap on the motor and it works again. Also seems a bit sluggish compared to the speed of the front one. I’ve got power to everything like I should. Do you think it’s just the motor? Looks easy enough to replace.
Zeroprotocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:56 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

The old circuit breaker was pretty beat up and rusty so I’m going to replace that as well but according to the instructions it’s a 6 amp breaker and the smallest I can find it 10 amp. Do you think that would work?
Old 06-06-2022, 05:58 PM   #3
Site Team

Check the wiring first. The breaker has a specific amperage rating because it is intended to be the weak link in the circuit to protect the electrical components. 10 amp is almost twice the size of the 6 amp. You may be able to order one of the net, maybe Amazon.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:03 PM   #4
Site Team

This is the one I used: https://www.amazon.com/Reset-Circuit.../dp/B01ESTHI6W. They use a 6 amp so it will trip before you can put too much load on the stabilizers to protect them from bending. One other thing clean the screw really good then use a dry lube on all the piviot points and the screw to help reduce resistance.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:23 PM   #5
New Camper

Zeroprotocol were you able to fix your stabilizer problem? We have 2022 Sunset 299QB and had it set up for 6 months while I lived in it. Upon getting prepared to take it home my rear stabilizer switch raised them part way and then stuck. I fiddled with the switch and it eventually raised them completely. When I arrived home I could not get them to deploy. I called the dealer service department and he said it might be a fuse. He said the fuse for the rear stabilizer is either in the switch or in line with the switch. He said to remove it and see if the fuse just falls out. I did just that and there was no fuse.
I am not sure where to check next as my breaker panel does not have a label for the stabilizers and I checked all the fuses and they all seemed to be good.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks
Old 11-15-2022, 12:30 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tycz View Post
Zeroprotocol were you able to fix your stabilizer problem? We have 2022 Sunset 299QB and had it set up for 6 months while I lived in it. Upon getting prepared to take it home my rear stabilizer switch raised them part way and then stuck. I fiddled with the switch and it eventually raised them completely. When I arrived home I could not get them to deploy. I called the dealer service department and he said it might be a fuse. He said the fuse for the rear stabilizer is either in the switch or in line with the switch. He said to remove it and see if the fuse just falls out. I did just that and there was no fuse.
I am not sure where to check next as my breaker panel does not have a label for the stabilizers and I checked all the fuses and they all seemed to be good.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks
I ended up replacing the motor myself then the dealer refunded me for warranty. The front right side started giving me grief later on too. Found it was a partially broken wire. Fixed that and I haven’t had issues since. There are circuit breakers above each switch. Did you check those? Both of mine were all corroded and I replaced them with new ones off of Amazon that had covers.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:07 AM   #7
New Camper

Thank you for responding. My husband and I are going to try and I are going out to it over this weekend to see if we can find the cause of its malfunction. Will let you know what we conclude.
Old 05-10-2023, 01:25 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I have a 2012 Crossroads Sunset reserve trail 31BH and the front electric leveling legs won’t come down where are the fuses for the front leveling legs. There is a plastic cover that looks like it’s a fuse but no idea how to open them or take apart. I tried using the remote and the switch on the trailer still won’t move any ideas would be appreciated.