Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2023, 04:41 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

HDMI Input on Jensen stereo?

I have an HDMI connector on my Jensen stereo, but have no idea how it gets to the TV. There are no cables going to the TV. Whats going on here?

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2023, 03:46 PM   #2
Site Team

You must provide any cables that you plan to connect to the TV. The HDMI input may be for a flash drive with music on it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:11 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

The USB port would be for the flash drive. I dont see any connections coming out of the stereo. I guess it is in the back panel hidden. I gather no one uses this port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
You must provide any cables that you plan to connect to the TV. The HDMI input may be for a flash drive with music on it.
Old 10-28-2023, 10:30 AM   #4
Site Team

My tv is connected to the back of the radio. The USB port is for all the music I have on a flash drive.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 10-28-2023, 11:56 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Weird. All I have connected to the tv is power and the antenna. No other cables are there.
Old 10-28-2023, 12:27 PM   #6
Site Team

Take a picture of the back of the radio or give us your model number

Old 10-29-2023, 04:03 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

If the port is on the front of your unit, it is a "pass through" in which you would input any device with hdmi output to play music on your stereo. there are adapter cables you can get to plug your phone into it as well to play your stored music.
If it is on the rear, it is an output, for connection to your tv.
Old 10-29-2023, 07:09 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I do have the port up front. The problem is that there is nothing going to the TV from the stereo. Unless it goes through the antenna coax.... Not sure how to get to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrizz View Post
If the port is on the front of your unit, it is a "pass through" in which you would input any device with hdmi output to play music on your stereo. there are adapter cables you can get to plug your phone into it as well to play your stored music.
If it is on the rear, it is an output, for connection to your tv.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:12 AM   #9
Site Team

Post pics or model so we can help you. My Jenson was connected to tv with cables from the back of the radio.

Old 10-29-2023, 01:24 PM   #10
Site Team

Since you don't have a pic, here is a picture of the rear of a Jenson. Not sure it's yours but it will give you an idea.
The white, and yellow are your connections to go to tv.
White is audio, yellow is video. RCA cable plugs into your radio and TV.
Hope this helps.

Old 10-29-2023, 01:48 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Here is my stereo. The back is sealed by the cabinet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231029_151428.jpg (122.5 KB, 12 views)
NCPictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:08 PM   #12
Site Team

After checking the manual for your radio, it appears there is no input jacks for yours. This is the most inexpensive Jenson you can buy,
But it has Bluetooth You may be able to connect the audio from the tv to the radio by bluetooth.

https://asasupportdocs.blob.core.win...r_s_manual.pdf

Old 10-29-2023, 11:36 PM   #13
New Camper

HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPictures View Post
I have an HDMI connector on my Jensen stereo, but have no idea how it gets to the TV. There are no cables going to the TV. Whats going on here?

Thanks!
Try getting a hdmi cable hook it to your stereo then hook it to your tv it might make your tv play though your stereo.
robert66r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:56 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

But yet it has an HDMI connector and HDMI button. Go figure. Guess I wil try to pull it out and see what is behind it.
Old 11-01-2023, 06:49 AM   #15
Site Team

Just a guess but you probably have to just run a HDMI cable from the front to your tv when you want to play thru the stereo.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 02:21 PM   #16
Seasonal Camper

Like Mark said, this is a cheap basic stereo.
The HDMI is an input port only. This is to connect another audio device to play audio on the stereo.
There is no HDMI output, so you cannot connect your TV to play anything coming from the stereo. They have done this for years on most RVs.
I recommend a replacement. It is a standard DoubleDin opening.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 03:31 PM   #17
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPictures View Post

Thanks!
If you have an HDMI connection on your Jensen stereo and there is no HDMI on the TV, pull up a Google search , type in "back panel connections on...........list the brand and model of your TV here" and hit IMAGES after the web browzer opens. It should give you some photos of the back of the TV and what all plugs are available "for that particular model TV. If there isn't an HDMI on the back of the TV them see if you have female RCA (black and red connectors) both on your stereo and your TV. This will work for the music and sound in general.
Old 11-02-2023, 05:11 PM   #18
Family Vacation Member

I have an older Jensen in my trailer and I replaced my TV this past summer. The Jensen I have has AM/FM/CD/DVD BlueTooth etc. There were three cables that ran from behind the Jensen to the TV Red Whi Blu(? not sure now of the color). When using the TV, the sound comes out of the trailer speakers as it does when using the DVD. If there is no visible HDMI connection on mine.

I did not notice a DVD player on your Jensen so I suspect that the HDMI port on the front of yours is the input jack for a DVD player or other device such as a camera.

There should also be cables running from the back of your Jensen up to your TV that would allow you to hear the TV through the trailer speakers or whatever else you have connected to the front HDMI. I have cables on the back of my TV for that purpose. You should also have those or as it being a newer model you could have an HDMI that does the same but it will come from the back of your Jensen.

You will have to search out your Jensen model for location of the audio output set up.
Old 11-02-2023, 11:03 PM   #19
Site Team

I did a search for his radio and there are no ports on the back of it to connect to the tv. If his tv has blue, the radio is bluetooth compatible. I gave him a link to the instruction manual for his radio. He could check out the bluetooth connection instructions there.

Old 11-04-2023, 04:57 AM   #20
Seasonal Camper

Lets Clarify this...
The HDMI port on the front is a "pass through". you can input an audio source there to play over the stereo speakers, OR connect something else, like a Blue Ray player for example. The HDMI port on the back of the unit is for connection to our TV, (but is output only) so the Blue ray will play video on your TV. If your stereo is turned on, the sound will play through your stereo speakers, if it is turned off, the sound will play on the TV.
There are Audio inputs on the back of the stereo to get sound from the TV when the pass through HDMI is not being used (yellow wires, White and Red RCA plugs) These will get connected to the output RCA's on the TV, then your sound will play through your stereo directly from the TV. Depending on the outputs on your TV, you may need to get an adapter to convert them to RCA.
When dealing with RCA jacks, Red (right) and White (left) are audio, Yellow is video