Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well I finally did it, Went to pull out of my driveway yesterday and made the ultimate blunder . I pulled out with out diconnecting the power chord first. Can't beleive I did that. Oh well, can't wait to swee what this is going to cost to fix. Just a reminder out there to all you campers out there, Remember to do a walk around check before you leave the driveway.

Happy fourth of July and safe camping out there.

2017 Thor Windsport
36' Motorhome
Pulling 2018 Ford Flex
usolm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Hi -

It's not very hard to fix. If you look at where the cord storage is located there should be a faux/dead panel where you can access the cord and back of the coverter. Simpy remove the panel, label the connections, remove the damage cord and go to the local shop to have a new one made or buy a standard length. I made this mistake with a Jayfeather I had and it took about 1 hour to fix, that included the ride to the dealership down the road.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

You just joined yhe opps club. Like Mike said either replace or repair cord. We all make mistakes. I just took out my back window and yes I have a slider and it was slid back. I went pass 90 degrees backing and found out you can't do that.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Recommend you buy a 50' cord and attach that to your rig. You can then put a new end on the old cord and you will have 80' (or so) of power cord if you ever need it.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Remember it's not a case of "IF" but more of "WHEN" an OOPS is going to happen. Just replaced my back glass in the TV because of a OOPS... Lets just hope they don't cost too much and happen at the same time.

Happy 4th to everyone.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thought I would let everyone know how everything worked out, I had road service come in from the Good Sam Club,They told me there was absolutely no damage to the trailer, He even said that I did a great job bending the prongs back into place on the plug. For some reason I missed it, I had a blown Breaker in the basement to the 30 amp box I have on the outside wall of my garage. Don't know why , but that was the first thing I check for when it happened. Oh well it only cost me $ 97.00to tell me I don't know how to throw a breaker switch. As for the 30 amp box on the wall, I will have to get my electrician to come in to repair that, I completely tore it off the wall.

Hope all had a great fourth of July, I know we did,

2017 Thor Windsport
36' Motorhome
Pulling 2018 Ford Flex
usolm1 is offline   Reply With Quote